Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #11
BurningRage
Inhumans

I like the Killer Klowns movie more but have no interest in collectibles from it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
C-grade is just your opinion as Pumpkinhead does have lots of fans outside of your own world. For instance I have never thought that I needed a Killer Clown collectible as I've never seen the movies (blown your mind) but I have watched Pumpkinhead quite a few times over the years and enjoy it for what it is (blown your mind again). Different strokes for different folks.
nope, my mind is perfectly unblown my friend. my point was there are people with diverse tastes and yet the same stuff is all we ever see in the collectible world. so i don't see how yet another version of the same character is giving anybody a different stroke.

again, i don't give a damn they're making him. i won't buy him but i'm sure others will. i'd just like something i want for a change a a collector, is that such a bad thing?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just want a PCS Jason and Freddy to go with Meyers. Their Myers statues have a nice style to them.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:45 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
nope, my mind is perfectly unblown my friend. my point was there are people with diverse tastes and yet the same stuff is all we ever see in the collectible world. so i don't see how yet another version of the same character is giving anybody a different stroke.

again, i don't give a damn they're making him. i won't buy him but i'm sure others will. i'd just like something i want for a change a a collector, is that such a bad thing?
How many other pumpkinheads around this scale are there exactly in all the years of people making statues? 1 that I know of. You make it sound like a new one is released every year.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #15
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
How many other pumpkinheads around this scale are there exactly in all the years of people making statues? 1 that I know of. You make it sound like a new one is released every year.
ya know, i actually can only find the old Sideshow one and a model kit, and the old one SOTA made before going under. so maybe in my head i was thinking their were more. so i guess you Pumpkin fans can have this one after all
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #16
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Pumpkinhead has become a kind of cult classic over the years. It's a simple revenge story with a great creature design. Who knows why one thing gets licensed for merchandise while something else never does. But as a casual fan of Pumpkinhead and a huge fan of 80's horror and Stan Winston's work I will be looking forward to seeing more of this.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:48 PM   #17
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Hope this is 1/4 not 1/3.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #18
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'll be waiting anxiously for this one. Love pumpkinhead!
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #19
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The prestigious status of Pumpkinhead comes from the fact it was the first creature design from the people who would later bring you Predator, Terminator, Alien queen/facehugger, etc.. This was Stan Winston Studio's very first movie project, maybe the movie kinda sucked, but the design is still great and there's always a special place for Pumpkinhead if you collect their monster designs.
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #20
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
The prestigious status of Pumpkinhead comes from the fact it was the first creature design from the people who would later bring you Predator, Terminator, Alien queen/facehugger, etc. This was Stan Winston Studio's very first movie project,
All those came before this movie. Pumpkinhead marked Stan's first foray at the helm, not just the FX department. And boy, did it suck, in my opinion.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote