Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-14-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nick Mason: Pink Floyd Re-union Will Happen!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ll_happen.html
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I'd prefer it if they didn't get back together. Live 8 was a magical moment and they should leave it at that and not sell out
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Great News!!
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
occulum
U talkin' to me?

I must say thats a surprise and I wont hold my breath.
Gilmore just said not too long ago that there would be no more Pink Floyd. He said it was a beast too big to handle and that he didnt care to to do it anymore. Only wanted to work on his solo stuff.

that said. PLEASE reunite!!!
occulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

heh, well Mason did say it would be just for one final tour and that's it. i don't think they'd try to make more albums together. but man just the Live 8 show alone was magical. joy division were you at Hyde Park for it?? just seeing it on telly gave me goosebumps!! i wish i could've been there!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid
heh, well Mason did say it would be just for one final tour and that's it. i don't think they'd try to make more albums together. but man just the Live 8 show alone was magical. joy division were you at Hyde Park for it?? just seeing it on telly gave me goosebumps!! i wish i could've been there!
I'm trying to remember and I think yes but I'm not really sure. Did they release a Live 8 DVD with the Floyd performance on it?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
metalsquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I'm trying to remember and I think yes but I'm not really sure. Did they release a Live 8 DVD with the Floyd performance on it?
indeed they did Zurby!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

just Floyd's set alone is worth the price of admission but on Disc 4 you also get some of their rehearsal footage and interviews!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid
indeed they did Zurby!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

just Floyd's set alone is worth the price of admission but on Disc 4 you also get some of their rehearsal footage and interviews!

I actually think I have this lying around somewhere but never had the chance to pull the shrinkwrap off and watch it. This is a good reason to do so. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
Kirbyfan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division
I'd prefer it if they didn't get back together. Live 8 was a magical moment and they should leave it at that and not sell out
How is doing a reunion show/album selling out?!?!? Isn't that what a band is supposed to do. Make music? Everyone wasn't lucky enough to go to see Live 8 in person.

I for one would gladly welcome them coming to Texas again, and I'd be there with a big smile.
Kirbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #10
The Fog
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I passed up on Pink Floyd, why I don't know everytime they toured in the past, I saw the Live8 parts with them in it, that was great I wonder what it was like years ago, I guess I should have gone.
I have seen the other big bands on their late 70's and 80's tours except Pink Floyd, now the only band from that era worth their ticket price is RUSH, even if they tour again.
Van Halen with DLR, Rush, Foreigner, Ted Nugent, Scorpions, Alice Cooper, Yes, Sammy Hagar by himself, the WHO, almost saw Led Zep but Bonham drank himself to sleep one month before I got tickets, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet and many others, except Pink Floyd what the hell was I thinking, to much Budweiser.
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote