Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #31
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Just FWIW

Ono does still do certain SF approvals. There are others who handle other types of SF approvals. There are many different eyes involved.

They are tougher on us because this is the 'ultimate' SF line of collectibles so they want everything to be 'ultimate'.

There is also a lot of "I changed my mind"...which can be frustrating.

Im not sure about this 'every other company rolling out SF crap' comment... who else is making high end SF stuff ? SOTA ? Whens the last time we saw them get anything approved ? Its been what...two years since Ryu and Chun Li disappeared after Comic Con in 2011.

Anyone who is creating anything *high end* for SF right now is facing very tough approval processes. I cant speak for low end stuff like Jazzwares as I dont think they go through the same channels we do.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #32
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Jerry have you seen Eric Sosa line? It's a new line of unpainted kits so far Ryu look pretty good even Betten then Sota they are not to compete with your line but they are really cool
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #33
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Thank you for replying Jerry. I guess it just seems like Capcom will put the Jean Claude Van Damme, Legend of Chun Li, Jazzware seal of approval on anything.

So it seems nearly impossible that they'd give YOU any kind of trouble on approvals.

It is so vastly superior to any other SF product being produced.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that Capcom is blatantly abusive with the SF license. Meanwhile you treat the brand with the respect that it deserves!

When you look at it like that logic implies that you'd get speedy approvals on your quality products. But I suppose logic doesn't always apply when it comes to Big Buisness.

But if they are going to be creepy and take 1 to 2 years on approvals maybe you could do more frequent (tiny) teaser pictures? That would go a long way with your PCS faithful.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
AxeLord
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

My problem is not with PCS as I know the process of how things like this works. My main problem is with Capcom, the approvals, changes, and last minute issues.
To my understanding its always good to listen to the consumers opinion. Its their money and its up to them to decide if they want to spend their money on your product. The changes that they don't like and the long delays hurt sales.
AxeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
d.clifton
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Just FWIW

Ono does still do certain SF approvals. There are others who handle other types of SF approvals. There are many different eyes involved.

They are tougher on us because this is the 'ultimate' SF line of collectibles so they want everything to be 'ultimate'.

Im not sure about this 'every other company rolling out SF crap' comment... who else is making high end SF stuff ? SOTA ? Whens the last time we saw them get anything approved ? Its been what...two years since Ryu and Chun Li disappeared after Comic Con in 2011.

Anyone who is creating anything *high end* for SF right now is facing very tough approval processes. I cant speak for low end stuff like Jazzwares as I dont think they go through the same channels we do.
I hate the internet sometimes, Jerry its great that you take time away from your insanely busy day to set some very odd assumptions straight. But you don't have to, the people buying your works understand the process.

I just think its too bad that you have to combat things people say like "little fibs" or the mentality that "I know this and that about this bcuz I read websites and Jerry is full of BS", really?

Thanks for clearing up the air a bit here, the internet somehow tends to make people the authority on business etc.

Always admired your drive my man
d.clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #36
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
Jerry have you seen Eric Sosa line? It's a new line of unpainted kits so far Ryu look pretty good even Betten then Sota they are not to compete with your line but they are really cool
Yeah Ive seen what Erik has posted. But I havent seen him show anything approved yet and its been many many months...

Maybe I missed an update ?

PS I think his Ryu looks great
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #37
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Just FWIW

capcom needs to stop taking itself so seriously, it's a **** video game character. It's one thing if ken came out looking like cammy, but other than that they should let pcs have the creative freedom to finish their products on their own and on time.

jerry i guess when they say jump you guys have to say how high? otherwise they wont approve and can pretty much stop your business? That kind of power over a company really sucks
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #38
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks for all that information John & Jessy!
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #39
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
Thanks for all that information John & Jessy!
Christina
Yes, thanks Jessy
Christina you made my day!!

Seriously though, John, thanks so much for writing this thread and giving us this info - it's really appreciated. Can't wait for SDCC 12 to see this stuff in person

Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #40
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hups, haha, just wrote a mail to a friend, her name is Jessica (Jessy). I mixed it up
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote