Vracula
Jedi Order

Nice one John!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Chun li was shown at sdcc last year but jerry still teased a pic. Hope he does the same with Sagat before sdcc!
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCleary View Post
Yes, I believe Ono has final approval and say so on everything. Not sure about the little Blanka figure though;
I think we should all bring this to the attention of Daigo and Mago since those are a few of the guys who tend to make the final Decisions when it comes to the games.....
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Thanks for taking the time to post. PCS have shown us amazing sculpts in the past, and I know we'll see them again (we already are i.e. Dredd). One thing is clear and that is PCS aims to give the best representations out there. I'm sure it is a case of "when it rains, it pours.." and this is simply "the calm before the storm" .. What's on the horizon sounds amazing (all World Warriors announced, klassic MK), I just can't wait to see them come to fruition. I'm especially looking foward to your MK sculpts John, and the (production) vega vs. chun-li dio

With SDCC around the corner I'm at ease. PCS's new stuff, Sideshow's DC stuff, HT's new stuff.. it's all coming.. going to have to be choosey, but PCS is on my staple list
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #15
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I don't know very much about the licensing contracts that companies have with artists like PCSC, but I would assume that PCSC pays "x" amount of dollars for the right to produce Street Fighter collectibles and that the rights only last "x" amount of years depending on what's agreed upon.

So if Capcom drags their feet in the approval process and time literally equals money with release dates and getting new products out, how does Capcom justify taking so long to approve a product that PCSC paid good money to create? That's what would piss me off the most if I was Jerry.
This actually isn't as uncommon as one might think when it comes to ongoing fixed term licensing deals.

Approvals start out pretty swift, with lots of feedback to make the guys who grabbed the license feel good about their purchase, and quickly get some product out there on the marketplace and into (hopefully eager) consumer hands. And then as time goes on approvals start to take longer and longer, particularly with popular/well recieved lines, as much to stretch out the amount of product that can be made during a licensing term as anything else, so that everything that a company plans to make can't actually be completed without renewing their license at some point, and thus feeding more money back to the rights holder.

And of course, often if they have to renew, and are looking to do so because they wish to continue to make what has proven to be a popular product, the rights holder now has even more power in negotiations (unless there was an already agreed renewal clause in the original contract).

Either way, the more that a rights holder can delay stuff often equals more revenue for them personally in the long run, and it's all about the benjamins with most of these people.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #16
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

^^^
Hmm, that's interesting if true. I'd like to hear Jerry's opinion on the matter. I mean, what was the last SF PF? Bison? How long ago did that statue ship form SS's warehouse?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

A looooooooooooooooong time ago!!
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
ALIMOE27
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

The wait between statues suck, as we were getting used to seeing at least 2 per year and the hype for the line was at an all time high. This delay is truly killing the hype. Hopefully, it would end soon.
ALIMOE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

i keep myself busy, so no worrys
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Got used to waiting for releases from PCS. They did me a favor I was able to buy other stuff from other manufactures
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote