Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #151
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm just going to wait for Episode IX to come out on Netflix..... This will be the first time I didn't see a Star Wars movie in the theaters first...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #152
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm just going to wait for Episode IX to come out on Netflix..... This will be the first time I didn't see a Star Wars movie in the theaters first...
if Disney gets their way it'll never be on Netflix, they're trying to get their own streaming off the ground remember.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:13 PM   #153
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
if Disney gets their way it'll never be on Netflix, they're trying to get their own streaming off the ground remember.
Arrr then it will be a pirates life for me

j/k
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #154
Python
Omega Red

Plinkett's review of the last Jedi is finally here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D18xL7VE&t=13s
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #155
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Plinkett's review of the last Jedi is finally here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83D18xL7VE&t=13s
I had never watched the deleted scenes before. Hard to believe, but it could have been much worse from a humor and tonal aspect.

Great point about competence of First Order and Resistance and something I felt watching it. No one is clever, cunning, or just logical. If Thrawn ran the First Order the war would have been over in the first ten minutes. The Resistance survives in spite of themselves.

I'm in the camp where I doubt I'll ever see Solo or IX as I just cannot muster any enthusiasm for Star Wars these days. All my beloved characters are dead and their replacements ring hollow.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #156
Gothamite
Phoenix

It's too bad bc Daisy Ridley is very good as Rey. She rises above the bad writing.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:42 AM   #157
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's too bad bc Daisy Ridley is very good as Rey. She rises above the bad writing.
There's plenty of acting talent there. I think Finn and Poe are wasted as well despite the people playing them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #158
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'll be skipping Episode IX entirely. I have no investment in the new trilogy characters and couldn't care less what happens to any of them. More importantly, I will not be giving my money to a company that openly slings insults in my direction at every turn. Until LucasFilm cleans house and proves they give a damn about making good Star Wars films again they won't be getting another dime from me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #159
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I'll be skipping Episode IX entirely. I have no investment in the new trilogy characters and couldn't care less what happens to any of them. More importantly, I will not be giving my money to a company that openly slings insults in my direction at every turn. Until LucasFilm cleans house and proves they give a damn about making good Star Wars films again they won't be getting another dime from me.
What sad is I never would have thought there would be worse Star Wars films than the prequels...can’t believe what a missed opp 7 was and 8 is the worst Star Wars movie of all time. What could have been...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #160
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
What sad is I never would have thought there would be worse Star Wars films than the prequels...can’t believe what a missed opp 7 was and 8 is the worst Star Wars movie of all time. What could have been...
Right there with you. But I’ll still go opening night just like I have all of them. Retired and $10 I think I can handle it.