Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #551
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I am to the extent that one has to make an effort to be this level of bad. I mean, Lucas is still alive, and all they had to do was ask the creator for some course correction. But no, they went out of their way to do their own thing and made a steaming pile of manure.
It's that bad, eh?

The only course of action was actually lucas designing the whole trilogy as a whole (like he did the last two times).

As it is right now (and actually as soon as TFA was finished), not even Lucas could save this WRECK.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #552
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Oh I know but you never know, especially nowadays with all these remakes. It's just sad what Disney did to Luke Skywalker
I agree and yes you never do truly know.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #553
Gothamite
Phoenix

The Rise of Skywalker has died a terrible death in China.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-films-1264388

Quote:
As of 5 p.m. local time, J.J. Abrams' The Rise of Skywalker had earned just $1.6 million (RMB11.6 million), enough only for a distant fourth-place start, according to live estimates from ticketing service Maoyan. The ticketing company's big data-based forecast for Skywalker's full run currently sits at a lackluster $17.8 million (RMB125.3 million). If the forecast holds true, Rise of Skywalker is in for an almost exponential China comedown from both Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi ($42.5 million in 2017) and Abrams' own The Force Awakens ($124 million in 2015).
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #554
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I’ve been mad at JJ since Ep7 because every Star Wars fan wanted to see the original actors working together on a new adventure.
WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Nothing changed my mind with Ep9 either. Awful movie...will post more when we can discuss spoilers.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #555
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I’ve been mad at JJ since Ep7 because every Star Wars fan wanted to see the original actors working together on a new adventure.
WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Nothing changed my mind with Ep9 either. Awful movie...will post more when we can discuss spoilers.
Agreed.

I know Gen Leia had other obligations but it should have been her and Solo looking for Luke and then the 3 come together in Ep 8 to kick @$$. They could still tell the story of the new characters as well.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #556
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Saw this last night and I thought it was great. They packed a lot of material into this film and it flew by really quickly. I'm looking forward to watching this again.

I think JJ did a great job trying everything together, and also making up for the massive sins of the previous movie.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #557
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Saw this last night and I thought it was great. They packed a lot of material into this film and it flew by really quickly. I'm looking forward to watching this again.

I think JJ did a great job trying everything together, and also making up for the massive sins of the previous movie.
Happy to hear this as I was starting to get nervous. I know you're a big fan too. Honestly it wont take much to keep me entertained. I hear the music and I get excited.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #558
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Happy to hear this as I was starting to get nervous. I know you're a big fan too. Honestly it wont take much to keep me entertained. I hear the music and I get excited.
It made me happy. I love entertainment and I love movies. I had a grin on my face for the entirety of it.

I also enjoyed the last season of GoT, so maybe that voids any credibility I have. lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #559
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
It made me happy. I love entertainment and I love movies. I had a grin on my face for the entirety of it.

I also enjoyed the last season of GoT, so maybe that voids any credibility I have. lol
Not with me, I liked GoT last season too!

I can't help but wonder how much time and nostalgia play a part in the expectations some people have for these movies. I just try to enjoy it for what it is, a popcorn blockbuster.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #560
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

That’s not going to bring in a whole new bunch of fans though. They could have done better with newer actors.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote