Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-13-2022, 02:29 PM   #591
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Finally got mine safely in hand.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 08:02 PM   #592
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Finally got mine safely in hand.
Can I ask who was your retailer. I have mine PO'd with Spec but haven't heard anything about shipping yet.

Thx
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #593
pdenham
Teen Titans

Got mine in from Spec a couple hours ago . Just finished boxing it back up.

Being this is my first silicone experience, I can say fairly confidently I will happily enjoy other people's pictures in the future, and not be lusting after anymore busts or statues with this material.

It looks cool, but I have a feeling I'm going to have issues with the high humidity we get here during the summer. It already seems to be leaching out a sticky residue in spots, and I had a hairy time peeling the bag away from the parts of the face it was sticking to.
Also, there were flecks of styrofoam that had somehow gotten inside that bag, and they were a ***** to get off the skin. One piece is still on the shoulder and seems to have embedded itself deeper into the silicone. I doubt I'll ever get it out/off.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing on mine. It looks like there are subcutaneous veins running up the neck (like an inverted Y). I don't know if that was intentional, or what, but the effect is uncanny. Hard to see in the photo, because of the flash. If you zoom in you might be able to pick it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alita vein.png
Views:	101
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	147604  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:27 PM   #594
naeser2008
Justice League

Sorry to hear that you had issues with her,
as far as the 'Y' shape pattern, I did not notice
it on mine.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:01 PM   #595
Augen
Metal Men

I had some on the skin, but the brush provided was enough to remove any specks from my Alita.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #596
pdenham
Teen Titans

TBH, I was dreading it showing up with far worse problems.

The specs of stryo, and a little nick on the resin, are minor and simply a little annoying. Nothing more than that...yet.
Only time will tell if the climate, and other conditions here, are going to prove a bigger problem with this.

I know people say this a lot, and I've definitely said it before, but I've been eyeing the exit to this hobby for a while.
Everyone knows prices are getting ridiculous, so the end of the line is coming up quick for a lot of us.

When I ordered this, it was with the feeling that this was going to be my ultimate grail piece. And it is.
I love the character, and in all the pics and videos, the portrait on this bust made my heart melt.

Even though I've continued to pre-order stuff, as recently as a couple weeks ago- nothing else really matters to me after this. This was it.
I honestly feel like I can walk away at any time now.
The last four big pieces I've gotten in have all been magnificent. Each one has been better than the last, with this being the ultimate for me. Anything else after this is going to be an also ran.

So at the moment, I'm feeling extremely fortunate that she's finally here. mostly safe and mostly sound.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 06:57 PM   #597
naeser2008
Justice League

I totally can understand where you are coming from,
I have been mostly in the same boat, liquidating a bunch
of my Hot Toys to pick up a couple Queen Studios pieces,
I was going to get into Infinity Studios stuff, but their massive and seemingly never ending delays have turned me off of them as a company.

I decided to stick with my MCU collection in switching to QS, have a couple inches on PO and a few on their 2022 list I may bite on. The hobby has kind of become "meh" at this point, and while I will still get a piece here and there... I feel like it has been the end of the road for a bit now.

I could never imagine spending $2k+ on a statue or bust, but here we are... and those prices are just going to keep climbing.
I am using my selling to fund my buying, but will probably be at a minimum, moving forward. Spidey is one of my biggest loves still, so anything from No Way Home will be entering my collection, but my "gotta catch em all" mentality has definitely fallen off a cliff. Especially with Hot Toys, all their reissues have killed values of their product and have me selling things at a loss every time. Not something I want to continue doing, for sure.

Alita is a grail piece, no doubt... and outside of the full body statue, I don't see them ever doing another one of her.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:06 PM   #598
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
TBH, I was dreading it showing up with far worse problems.

The specs of stryo, and a little nick on the resin, are minor and simply a little annoying. Nothing more than that...yet.
Only time will tell if the climate, and other conditions here, are going to prove a bigger problem with this.

I know people say this a lot, and I've definitely said it before, but I've been eyeing the exit to this hobby for a while.
Everyone knows prices are getting ridiculous, so the end of the line is coming up quick for a lot of us.

When I ordered this, it was with the feeling that this was going to be my ultimate grail piece. And it is.
I love the character, and in all the pics and videos, the portrait on this bust made my heart melt.

Even though I've continued to pre-order stuff, as recently as a couple weeks ago- nothing else really matters to me after this. This was it.
I honestly feel like I can walk away at any time now.
The last four big pieces I've gotten in have all been magnificent. Each one has been better than the last, with this being the ultimate for me. Anything else after this is going to be an also ran.

So at the moment, I'm feeling extremely fortunate that she's finally here. mostly safe and mostly sound.
Given my pre orders even if I stopped now likely wouldn't get my last statue until 2025. I think it can be good to take a break from hobbies to evaluate how much joy or stress they bring to your life. I think the price issue is real as in five years this bust might be referred to as a bargain. The fact that the upcoming 1:4 Alita is $900 is testament to this trend.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 12:30 AM   #599
jedi_don

I plan on boxing mine up for the time being. But I am letting it outgas any of the resin, paint or silicone volatiles.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:37 AM   #600
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammilletti View Post
Can I ask who was your retailer. I have mine PO'd with Spec but haven't heard anything about shipping yet.

Thx
Bought from Spec Fiction and paid in full for free shipping. It shipped out from Colorado to California several days after the label was generated. I believe this was a gray market item, so Spec Fiction may have had to acquire them through different intermediate buyers. Edition size for standard is 600 which means most likely QS will continue producing this as I doubt they have sold out.