Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #121
Luminous
Cyclops

Nice comparison pics, Matches. I agree that the GG version is the clear winner.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #122
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Nice comparison pics, Matches. I agree that the GG version is the clear winner.
Thanks bro. I tried to be fair and use "manufacturer solicitation" pictures for the HT's pieces as that is all we have from GG for now. I tossed that last one in as it was the only one with a side profile of both dolls, to once again mirror the GG picture, that I could find with a quick search.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #123
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So I've got the SS IM BW already... Was thinking about picking up the new SS BW... and now this one is coming. I really can't justify three 1/4 scale Black Widows... What to do, what to do... Sell the one I have and get one of the new ones? If so, which one... Or keep what I have and buy a diff char...
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #124
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm really looking forward to more pics of this. The more Scarlett Black Widow statues, the better. Competition is good for us.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #125
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yep her face looks identical in each picture, hair style, makeup, etc... make no difference, your right...

Yes, as stated, her face looks the same. You know, that insignificant thing called facial bone structure that doesn't change unless you undergo plastic surgery or have a freak accident. If you can't see beyond simplistic details like "hair style, makeup, etc" —I guess her having a different expression such as a smile qualifies as "etc" there—, well, I guess you're one of those that can't tell Superman and Clark Kent are the same person because, hey, the latter's got glasses!

Quote:
Hell if I didn't know better she COULD be Danny DeVito !!!!!
Sure, let me try and get a pic of her with a fake bald head and we'll almost be there.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #126
Marts
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Love the pose, love the size, just wish it was more Land's BW than Scarjo's.
Marts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #127
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Yes, as stated, her face looks the same. You know, that insignificant thing called facial bone structure that doesn't change unless you undergo plastic surgery or have a freak accident. If you can't see beyond simplistic details like "hair style, makeup, etc" —I guess her having a different expression such as a smile qualifies as "etc" there—, well, I guess you're one of those that can't tell Superman and Clark Kent are the same person because, hey, the latter's got glasses!

Sure, let me try and get a pic of her with a fake bald head and we'll almost be there.
Whatever shoo, I guess all the people in here who didn't think the statue looked like her until they saw photos of her on the new movie set are just blind.. Gotta start calling you the master detective since you can pick Danny DeVito who has extreme characterizes from a crowd..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #128
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vykk Draygo View Post
So I've got the SS IM BW already... Was thinking about picking up the new SS BW... and now this one is coming. I really can't justify three 1/4 scale Black Widows... What to do, what to do... Sell the one I have and get one of the new ones? If so, which one... Or keep what I have and buy a diff char...
It all depends on what you are going for bro. If you just like the character you could justify more than one but if you are going for a film Avengers display I may recommend looking at this one. The reason for that is that the quasi action pose will fit together with those of the male Avengers well.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #129
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
-
Quote:
-
Lets not let this get personal or escalate fellas.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #130
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I would have loved to see something like this. But that's just me. I don't like the clear bases the put under their statues.

Mixed it up a bit and made this;

Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote