Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #301
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I might be totally wrong on this...but I cant help but feel Sideshow stole whatever little wind PCS had in it's sails, with it's overpriced 1/5 artist interpretations, for the MotU lines.
Would have to agree with you. Good God, what the hell did sideshow do with He-man. Skeletor in my opinion doesn't look like Skeletor. And as for Evil lyn, well, she looks pretty lol
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #302
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I might be totally wrong on this...but I cant help but feel Sideshow stole whatever little wind PCS had in it's sails, with it's overpriced 1/5 artist interpretations, for the MotU lines.
Of course they did.

The market isn't large enough for countless non nostalgic iterations from this license.

People mainly bought this He-Man to get a Battle-Cat at least I did. Also because they had the plan of facing this off with a matching Skeletor Panthor.

Sorry to say what I truly believe but I think this Skeletor and Panthor combo would have poor sales. At this point any Skeletor PCS could do would be compared to Sideshow's. That Skeletor has a broad appeal as evidenced by the set ES. I like it a lot. Skeletor has and can have many interpretations. I don't care as much for their older He-Man. Part of the appeal of all this is the idealization and nobody wants to look old.

Regardless of everyone's claims that the He-Man & Battle-Cat will feel incomplete without this set and they'd pay day 1 for it when it comes time to pay I just can't see it happening.

Only option I can really see is doing the Kickstarter as suggested by Snobird and taking orders before it's even designed and seeing if you get enough just on blind faith in PCS and if not refunding everyone's money.

Should have just done a Filmation Battle-Cat soon after He-Man's release.

Or a Filmation He-Man on Battle-Cat. I still want that statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #303
Battletroll
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobird View Post
Jerry run a Kickstarter campaign for this, put your total cost in there plus their fees and let us pledge to it. If it hits what you need it to to be happy then it gets made and if does not hit that goal then kickstarter will not take the pledges from every ones cards.

Its a win win for everyone.
Sounds like a great experiment. It can't hurt to try, can it?
Battletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #304
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

sure SS killed the PCS line. sux. Only way I see this going well is a revisit maybe in about a year or two after SS's are forgotten. I wouldnt mind waiting. Two years beats never.

I do think that Heman and Battlecat are awesome pieces on their own. Cant wait to get them!
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #305
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Jerry run a Kickstarter campaign for this, put your total cost in there plus their fees and let us pledge to it. If it hits what you need it to to be happy then it gets made and if does not hit that goal then kickstarter will not take the pledges from every ones cards.

Been mentioned months ago and shot down....
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:13 AM   #306
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:

That would be great at tleast to try.
We are so many to support ths skeletor panthor and I am sure that would succeed for Jerry and for all of us.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #307
snobird
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
That would be great at tleast to try.
We are so many to support ths skeletor panthor and I am sure that would succeed for Jerry and for all of us.
I agree, the only thing would be the time to create the Kickstarter and for somone to do a rough sketch. After that its all donations until you hit the funding level. Jerry can we give this a try once?
snobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:03 AM   #308
Otter
Justice League

From what I understand it's too complicated to do a Kickstarter with a licensed property.

I think the best bet would be to do a "pre-sale" based on artwork on PCS's own website to see how many would commit to a minimum order.

I also think a Skeletor/Panthor combo might be a hard sell... but a solo Skeletor, sculpted to display well with the He-Man/Battle Cat combo would move. I just don't know if there is a big enough market for both. Of course, they could always do a smaller run of Panthor.

I'm pretty sure Skeletor sales would be strong, regardless of what Sideshow is offering. A lot of people don't like that look.

I know the nail is pretty much in the coffin on this one, but I feel as long as we keep making noise, there is hope.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #309
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
From what I understand it's too complicated to do a Kickstarter with a licensed property.

I think the best bet would be to do a "pre-sale" based on artwork on PCS's own website to see how many would commit to a minimum order.

I also think a Skeletor/Panthor combo might be a hard sell... but a solo Skeletor, sculpted to display well with the He-Man/Battle Cat combo would move. I just don't know if there is a big enough market for both. Of course, they could always do a smaller run of Panthor.

I'm pretty sure Skeletor sales would be strong, regardless of what Sideshow is offering. A lot of people don't like that look.

I know the nail is pretty much in the coffin on this one, but I feel as long as we keep making noise, there is hope.
Couldn't agree more. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #310
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Couldn't agree more. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
We have 8 pages of squeak...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote