Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #11
Gothamite
Phoenix

They go on a double date in Issue 37. Great writing, captures everything we love about all four characters.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:49 AM   #12
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

The Lois and Catwoman parts are hilarious
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:44 AM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Last page was a little trite, but a fun issue.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This started strong but ended with a whimper, unfortunately. The Wonder Woman two-parter just wasn’t as strong as the Superman two-parter. Was hoping to pick this up as a trade but now I think I’ll pass.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

Yeah, I found it a little odd the way the two basically just walked away from each other after spending what? decades together. & maybe it was explained but I missed or just forgot it, why weren't the 2 shown aging? Sure, maybe I buy them snapping back to their real ages upon return, but wouldn't hey have aged there?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:45 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This started strong but ended with a whimper, unfortunately. The Wonder Woman two-parter just wasn’t as strong as the Superman two-parter. Was hoping to pick this up as a trade but now I think I’ll pass.
Too bad to hear... :/ Even if i'm not happy about Batman (but it has nothing to do with Tom King's Batman run) and i haven't read Batman for almost 2 years now... I still get the trades, i just don't feel like reading them... But it makes me happy to hear praises about Batman. Unfortunatly i don't hear many praises with Tom King's run... :/ Scot Snyder's run got many praises though... Even for the parts that i found weak, there was a big amount of praise...(like Death of The Family... what a waste of time it was but got many praises...) And that made me so happy, even if i was not happy about the story, many other people thought that Batman was great made me happy... lol this is how it's... I wish there was more praises for Tom King's run.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Too bad to hear... :/ Even if i'm not happy about Batman (but it has nothing to do with Tom King's Batman run) and i haven't read Batman for almost 2 years now... I still get the trades, i just don't feel like reading them... But it makes me happy to hear praises about Batman. Unfortunatly i don't hear many praises with Tom King's run... :/ Scot Snyder's run got many praises though... Even for the parts that i found weak, there was a big amount of praise...(like Death of The Family... what a waste of time it was but got many praises...) And that made me so happy, even if i was not happy about the story, many other people thought that Batman was great made me happy... lol this is how it's... I wish there was more praises for Tom King's run.
Scott Snyder’s only good contribution to Batman was Court of Owls, which was great until the very end which just tanked with a stupid and disappointingly anti-climactic reveal which ruined the whole extended storyline for me. The rest of his run including, to your point, Death of the Family, was just wasted space.

I bailed on King’s Batman after the first two issues, but then picked up his Batman Annual #2 which was a truly special issue. After that, I thought I’d give him another shot and, per my comments above, was delighted with his first two SuperFriends issues. Then....crash and burn again.

Honestly, I don’t get writers like Snyder, King, Morrison and others who can be so hit, with great stories, and miss, with such abysmally bad stories. When you’ve got consistently great writers like Mark Waid and Jason Aaron (yes, they have missed,too) out there I find these others to be hacks in comparison.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:02 AM   #18
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Scott Snyder’s only good contribution to Batman was Court of Owls, which was great until the very end which just tanked with a stupid and disappointingly anti-climactic reveal which ruined the whole extended storyline for me. The rest of his run including, to your point, Death of the Family, was just wasted space.

I bailed on King’s Batman after the first two issues, but then picked up his Batman Annual #2 which was a truly special issue. After that, I thought I’d give him another shot and, per my comments above, was delighted with his first two SuperFriends issues. Then....crash and burn again.

Honestly, I don’t get writers like Snyder, King, Morrison and others who can be so hit, with great stories, and miss, with such abysmally bad stories. When you’ve got consistently great writers like Mark Waid and Jason Aaron (yes, they have missed,too) out there I find these others to be hacks in comparison.
I wouldn't call them hacks... It's kind of harsh, after all we all try to survive here... Yeah, i believe they are not as good as Mark Waid but i haven't read anything from Jason Aaron yet. Mark Waid's Kingdom Come is something else, i really like Kingdom Come Superman, Kingdom Come is the best Superman story ever, Kingdom Come Superman is my second favorite Superman after Christoper Reeve. (nothing can top Christopher Reeve, he's THE Superman.) And Birthright was alot of fun, i really like it. I want to read Waid's Flash but DC hasn't published it in omnibus format yet, i'm waiting for that.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't call them hacks... It's kind of harsh, after all we all try to survive here...
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. I'm not saying they shouldn't survive, just that in comparison to consistently great writers like Mark Waid and Jason Aaron, at very best they're hit or miss, which makes me feel like they're phoning it in most of the time which, to me, makes them hacks. The list of great writers is extensive, including Roger Stern, Steve Englehart, Walt Simonson, Roy Thomas, Neil Gaiman...the list goes on. The guys we're talking about don't hold a candle to this list.

Quote:
Yeah, i believe they are not as good as Mark Waid but i haven't read anything from Jason Aaron yet.
Then you should get started, seriously. Scalped, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Thor, Star Wars...there's so much great Jason Aaron work from which to choose!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #20
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

what i meant was, life which is all about trying to survive is already hard enough for all of us even without being harsh on each other.

I will try Aaron soon, i have my Wolverine omni on the shelf.