Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Galactus vs. Celestials
Galactus 11 55.00%
Celestials 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Galactus went up against 4 Celestials in FF#603, defeated one before they decided to go "Voltron" on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYw_VWi8QY

I think Big G can handle a couple if need be, more if he was "fully" powered.
You fail to mention that Galactus had to consume 4 worlds in a row to fight these Celestials from another universe. As Galactus is normally portrayed he not quite up to their level.

I would also say that these Celestials don't behave or act like the 616 Celestials. This group of Celestials were harmed by the Council of Reeds and their weapons and even chased off at one point. They bled a constant stream of radiation to the point where lesser beings couldn't even stay in the area that they were in and they spoke directly to anyone. They were called the Mad Celestials and Franklin even noted that something was wrong with them as if they were sick or something. Even the Voltron move is something that we have never seen in the 616 Celestials.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Pretty cool. Is this from a Thor comic?
This is from a recent Fantastic Four issue.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
ratchet
Mandarin

Big G
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #14
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'd pick Galactus 1 on 1 against any Celestial (except Scathan, but that story was stupid)
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
You fail to mention that Galactus had to consume 4 worlds in a row to fight these Celestials from another universe.
Absolutely.

About Galactus not being usually portrayed at a Celestial power level, that's probably frustratingly true for the most part.

Now thinking back to Annihilation, his rage blast wiped out a Galaxy which was above his usual exertion.

Was reading that in the Thanos imperative he was the last one standing, for whatever reason, out of the usual "abstract" beings present there to stop the Galactus Engine. Celestials were there also to help but they seem to either leave the battle or were destroyed, it wasn't very clear at all but Big G was the only one left.

I think if push came to shove, Big G could take on a Celestial and beat it. The thing is that he would know the level of devouring he would have needed to do to ensure a clean victory if the situation called for it.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Absolutely.

About Galactus not being usually portrayed at a Celestial power level, that's probably frustratingly true for the most part.

Now thinking back to Annihilation, his rage blast wiped out a Galaxy which was above his usual exertion.

Was reading that in the Thanos imperative he was the last one standing, for whatever reason, out of the usual "abstract" beings present there to stop the Galactus Engine. Celestials were there also to help but they seem to either leave the battle or were destroyed, it wasn't very clear at all but Big G was the only one left.

I think if push came to shove, Big G could take on a Celestial and beat it. The thing is that he would know the level of devouring he would have needed to do to ensure a clean victory if the situation called for it.
I would say on average Celestials (as they were first written) were well above Galactus they have been brought down a peg or two since they battled the gods years ago. Galactus power is all over the place. One moment he is beaten by Aegis and Tenebrous and hog tied by Annhilus like Christmas roast. Then next time you see him destroying the entire Annihilation Wave while weakened.

The higher level Celestials like Arisheim and Exitar seem to be well over Galactus' normal levels and as a collective they are far more powerful than Galactus. I would not use the Thanos Imperative as a marker for Cosmic power level. All of the cosmic entities that showed up got punked and it makes me wonder why G didn't use the Ultimate Nullifier on the Galactus Engine. The book did state that they were larger more powerful entities behind the Galactus Engine trying to come through so it is possible that the Celestials went to battle that thing(s). I could see Galactus battling his counterpart since it is called a Galactus Engine and he was the focus. Hell the Celestials that were there didn't even have names
Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Little known fact but both Galactus' armor and those worn by the Celestials are Starktech from the future.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
Makkari1
Cyclops

yeah right
Old 05-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Little known fact but both Galactus' armor and those worn by the Celestials are Starktech from the future.
Jesus!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #20
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Definitely agree that probably on a "normal" day the higher level C's would be above Big G.

I guess with Big G, the way his power levels are portrayed all over the place, it would come down to a Batman "with time to prepare" scenario where he could augment his base level power with increased devouring and make himself level with or more powerful than any Celestial - which I think he could easily achieve.

I guess that's the thing with Big G, he'll only eat as much as needed to get the job done. lol! I mean it's difficult to judge, I don't think we've ever seen a fully powered Galactus.