Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #41
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
First, you need to understand the this forum is not to complaim, but for the majority of fan boys to keep throwing their complements to those firms, therefore, they will always find a excuse for a bad service . Critics are forbiden, specially if you are alone. Just to make an example, after struggle a lot, I did not receive my Tweeterhead Statue after more than one month since the release date so far and what I heard was " They are small and no one had issues with them". After this, ishould point out that I happen to be a lawyer and you are correct, NO ONE IS OBLIGED TO ACCEPT THIS CREDIT WITH SIDESHOW. Whenever you make a contract between two parties, here, Sideshow and PCS, it is law. If SS comes to plubic and states that they are dealing with the orders made to PCS, THIS IS ALREADY A CONTRACT, as there is not even the necessity to be written. Apart of this, FOR STRESS AND PROBLEMS, I would suggest you to take this credit, because unfortunately for all these collectors, they will never see this money. It is sad, i am not experiencing this, but i have simpathy, you put time, effort, money, hope, is our hobby and receive this. On top of that, for those that are really sure that they will end up receiving their statues, my feeling tells that this will not happen, SOME OF THOSE STATUES WILL NEVER SEE THE DAYLIGHT, others yes. In life, even that sometimes you need to lower you head, it is wiser to do so and carry on. This legal situation would bring several problems and on. Pick the credit, buy something trendy and sell.
I don't agree with this opinion at all. This forum can be used to complain and vent up to a certain point. As long as it doesn't devolve into personal attacks on others, complaining is generally tolerated. Mosey on over to the Sideshow threads if you think these forums are full of fan boys who would never consider complaining about a single company.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #42
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Someone could potentially use their credit at SS to buy stuff that might go up in value and make it back on ebay.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #43
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
Someone could potentially use their credit at SS to buy stuff that might go up in value and make it back on ebay.
Right, a Hot Toys exclusive could be more liquid than a statue, and take up far less space while having it up for sale.

Sure I'd rather have my cash, but if Sideshow knew the trouble this was going to be, we would have been ---- outta luck while Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso rides his Ferrari off into the sunset with our cash.

At least for me, there are a few things from Prime1 and maybe Hot Toys that I really want, so it's a win. And like someone said, many of us have already gone through the seven stages of grief, or whatever. I'm way past the anger phase.

Does anyone know for sure if the credit only covers for the deposit, or can it be applied fully to a preorder? While I trust Sideshow, I don't feel easy having a balance up in the air like that.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #44
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
First, you need to understand the this forum is not to complaim, but for the majority of fan boys to keep throwing their complements to those firms, therefore, they will always find a excuse for a bad service . Critics are forbiden, specially if you are alone. Just to make an example, after struggle a lot, I did not receive my Tweeterhead Statue after more than one month since the release date so far and what I heard was " They are small and no one had issues with them". After this, ishould point out that I happen to be a lawyer and you are correct, NO ONE IS OBLIGED TO ACCEPT THIS CREDIT WITH SIDESHOW. Whenever you make a contract between two parties, here, Sideshow and PCS, it is law. If SS comes to plubic and states that they are dealing with the orders made to PCS, THIS IS ALREADY A CONTRACT, as there is not even the necessity to be written. Apart of this, FOR STRESS AND PROBLEMS, I would suggest you to take this credit, because unfortunately for all these collectors, they will never see this money. It is sad, i am not experiencing this, but i have simpathy, you put time, effort, money, hope, is our hobby and receive this. On top of that, for those that are really sure that they will end up receiving their statues, my feeling tells that this will not happen, SOME OF THOSE STATUES WILL NEVER SEE THE DAYLIGHT, others yes. In life, even that sometimes you need to lower you head, it is wiser to do so and carry on. This legal situation would bring several problems and on. Pick the credit, buy something trendy and sell.
Since your native language isn't English I won't dismiss your claim as being a lawyer, but for ffs at least press enter once in that text block. Assuming you actually are a lawyer in Brazil or wherever you are from unless you specifically deal with contract law, consumer law, or even any relating law in the US your information is for the most part irrelevant. For example you mention "STRESS AND PROBLEMS". I don't know how easy it is to sue people for that in your country but while you can sue for emotional distress in the US you have to show extreme emotional suffering or trauma. Not I bought something for $1100 and it's a few months late and they won't agree with me. You are owed your money back sure, go to small claims court. A charge of emotional distress will likely be thrown out but please go ahead and try it. I'm sure it would be hilarious.

And this forum is for neither of those things, it is for fans of the hobby to come and discuss pieces. There are reviews, people saying what they like about a piece what they don't like. I myself have discovered a great many pieces I wouldn't have if not for this forum, and that's exactly what it's about. Unfortunately sometimes things happen with companies like this, and no one is saying that it shouldn't be discussed. Saying this forum has an issue with users talking about PCS issues is also stupid, there is literally an entire thread dedicated to this that is almost always at the top of this forum these days and there have been for other companies that have gone through similar troubles like ARH. Hell the reason Syco collectibles went under is because of a thread on here and other forums.

What isn't needed though is some hysterical thread full of false information throwing a pity party. People gave him advice yet he refuses to even want to read it. He has quite literally made information up and claims it's true and then just says people are a PCS shill when they disagree with him. Seriously what is even the point of this thread? He literally made an account to post this and it looks like he just wanted a ton of people to agree with his every word. This is a discussion forum, not I want to throw a tantrum and everyone better listen to me if not they are stupid/being paid off forum.

edit: I read a few of your posts about the tweeterhead thing and the response was YOU SHOULD TAKE UP THE ISSUE WITH TWEETERHEAD SUPPORT AND NOT TRY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TOPIC. Also you should probably stop making stuff up, because you did before and are doing so again. I have some pretty extreme doubts that you are a lawyer in any country :|

A: "I sent three emails but haven't received a response"
B: "How did you know it didn't leave America then?"
A: "I received a response but not from him"
B: "You said you didn't receive any response"
A: "I said i.did. not receive a response from the person who came here to ask me to contact him"
B: "You clearly didn't" (post is still there clearly showing he didn't).

A: "so far and what I heard was " They are small and no one had issues with them""
Tweeterhead Reponse: "Hey Guys,

In all fairness, I understand why Balthazar is upset. I hate to hear that mistakes like this have happened and I'm thankful that they are few and far between. Plus, if you've been waiting and are seeing Joker posts all over, I totally get that it would be disappointing. Debbie isn't perfect (nor am I), but she's close. She keeps track of thousands of shipping addresses, and it;s sad to say but one or two will have issues.

We shipped out SO many Jokers!! We have had a few snags on the address changes and I apologize for it. We are constantly trying to improve our shipping and I think we are doing OK but there are still a few snags.

Just fyi that we aren't (never were) waiting for the piece to come back before sending the new Joker. If it's on us, we want to correct the error immediately. Balthazar, If you don't have your new tracking number, please email me directly chad@tweeterhead.com.

Again, Balthazar, so sorry for this mistake! Just a side note, that we have to take possession of the goods in the US and then ship. It would be soooo much cheaper if we could send to the international customers from the factory but we can't!"

Mod response: "Please take your situation to PMs and emails in order to get it resolved. You’re clearly expecting immediate results and I don’t think we need weekly updates on your situation here."

A-Grade Lawyer material.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #45
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #46
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Some stuff does actually, like the OG star wars troopers I know went up a lot when I was looking at them (I don't keep up with 1/6th so maybe others). SS stuff might not for a while but there is some. Still it's a hassle and if you're expecting it to go up a bit of a gamble.

Any statues that are likely to go up though you would have to PO and wait for a while, so the HT recommendation someone gave is probably the best idea.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #47
Gathro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I know not as much these days but I bought Thanos EX when it was announced and sold it for a big profit just because I could not ignore what it was going for. So it can still happen just has to be the right item at the right time. BTW thanks to the credit i jumped on the waitlist for the regular Thanos and if it converts ill pay zero new dollars for it.
Gathro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #48
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes no more making money on a statue you don't want anymore. For about ten years I made so much off the pieces I no longer wanted, didn't have room or needed money. Made boat load on my GG Star Wars maquettes, original SSC Pf, dio and super amount on my MR stuff. Then about 2014, 2015 shipping just went insane, I.A., XM, IS, showed up and most of my statues went down a lot. Now these days with shipping I am glad when I get 1/2 what I paid. If statues keep going this way and shipping keeps going up you won't be able to sell a piece anymore.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #49
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Convention exclusive action figures, certain mezco 1:12 and Bandai Figuarts, etc can sometimes make you 200% back or more. Forget about it with statues. Shipping kills any chance of breaking even, and there's too much choose from for anything to be widely considered a grail anymore.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #50
craigcliff1
Zot

Did make $500.00 on one of my I.A. Soundwaves, once in a while like one of my Anakin PF and Cody PF made some money, but
that's rare. In 2014 I was able to ship Skaar PF at 40.lbs coast to coast for ready for this $ 70.00, today it cost me $100.00 at least to ship a piece like one state over. Got Darth Maul Pf in 2007 at 15lbs was $10.00. can't remember where it was shipped from but today to ship a piece that size is $40.00 for one state over
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote