Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #21
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

For me, the base is a mess, sometimes less is more. The inclusion of a map or globe with various hydra pins in it as to show the skull plotting world domination would not hurt the piece. At the moment the rail just makes me feel that he is in a library when I am sure they were going for him announcing a speech to the masses ala hitler. Again the removal of the rail would be a good start.

I am assuming Disney are putting a halt on the nazi mottiffs otherwise this should not be feared as the swastika is the most recognisable symbol of evil in the world and should be included in a ww2 themed piece which I believe this is the type of red skull they are going for.

Lose the banner. Just why is it even there, so unessary.

I agree that it will Very likely have switch out parts.

I am not sold on the coat either but it's far from a deal breaker.

The biggest problem is that cosmic cube on the pedestal thing, it's unessary and it's been done, remove it and make it a Easter egg on the base, maybe placed in a little open chest in the background.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
For me, the base is a mess, sometimes less is more. The inclusion of a map or globe with various hydra pins in it as to show the skull plotting world domination would not hurt the piece. At the moment the rail just makes me feel that he is in a library when I am sure they were going for him announcing a speech to the masses ala hitler. Again the removal of the rail would be a good start.

I am assuming Disney are putting a halt on the nazi mottiffs otherwise this should not be feared as the swastika is the most recognisable symbol of evil in the world and should be included in a ww2 themed piece which I believe this is the type of red skull they are going for.

I agree that it will Very likely have switch out parts.

I am not sold on the coat either but it's far from a deal breaker.

The biggest problem is that cosmic cube on the pedestal thing, it's unessary and it's been done, remove it and make it a Easter egg on the base, maybe placed in a little open chest in the background.
Realistic or not, I wouldn't want to show a Nazi swastika in my house
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #23
madmanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
you can show your swastikas wherever you want.

Your reluctance to show it is exactly why it should be included if it can be as it has such strong connotations of evil.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #24
stevebed
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
i would happily show it in my home in context .. realism is everything
stevebed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #25
madmanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebed View Post
i would happily show it in my home in context .. realism is everything
Exactly

I get the sensitivity with it, we all likely had family affected by the nazis

The symbol is not a celebration of evil for me, no doubt it is for some. Hydra symbol is ok but nothing has more evil connotations than a Swazstika except maybe the FOX logo.

These symbols from history should not be buried, they should be embraced and remebered for the evil it relates to. Especially the FOX logo

Although let's not turn this in to a huge nazi debate. That base needs a good seeing to.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #26
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks like pirate
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
you can show your swastikas wherever you want.

Your reluctance to show it is exactly why it should be included if it can be as it has such strong connotations of evil.
It's more of a matter of showing respect to those who were killed under that symbol. Now in a museum sure for history... but not in my home... Just my opinion...

Also if I remember right, at least with the movies, Red Skull had his own symbol, he didn't wear a Nazi Swastika
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #28
madmanny

It's a comic statue not movies. They don't have the rights to the movie statues I don't think.

If Disney say no then fair doos but if they are trying to represent a ww2 red skull then they should be there, he dint even join hydra until modern times anyway, (past the 40s)

Also you might think it's disrespectful but think about other symbols you have maybe in your house, the cross and the millions that died because of the crusades, witchcraft. Just following that symbol of the cross. Or your nations flag, the millions that have been killed in wars legal and illegal.

The innocent men and women killed in the name of the law (symbolic).

Where do you draw the line and how do you justify it? Not having ago just speaking out loud. Peace.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #29
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Why would they add that. I thought it would be the octopus ? Ya i can see it. Ya lose the flag.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #30
evil_ken
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I have to say that this is the worst execution that XM ever produce until now, I honestly don't feel anything at all, and I'm a Fan of Red Skull and Capt. Sorry XM for this one you should go back into the drawing board
evil_ken is offline   Reply With Quote