Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #111
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm cognisant of the fact that these may cost $500 for an unpainted kit. But is there anyway these could be around the $300 mark. It's going to cost $400-$500 to have them professionally painted. And then shipping on top of that.
Im sure these will be great...but i already have and got the sideshow dc pfs on order. I just dont have the room...and bullseye i understand...what your saying i built and paint kits...and for someone who dont it gets pricey..even if the 1.4 line is between $350 to $ 400 to built and paint one up would start at $400 and up...plus shipping 1.4 all put together is more to ship then unassembled
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #112
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

There is a part of me itching to just give it a try. Call it the artist in me looking for another challenge.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #113
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I was thinking and some of Erick's past X-Men pieces are pushing or are over the price for these 1/4 kits. So maybe that's something to consider.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:01 AM   #114
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
Im sure these will be great...but i already have and got the sideshow dc pfs on order. I just dont have the room...and bullseye i understand...what your saying i built and paint kits...and for someone who dont it gets pricey..even if the 1.4 line is between $350 to $ 400 to built and paint one up would start at $400 and up...plus shipping 1.4 all put together is more to ship then unassembled
I hear you. I have a few artistic talents myself and one of the best customizers out there as a local contact on top of that but the sheer cost of the kits in addition to having to pay the extra shipping to have it routed through a US based buddy will keep me on the sidelines for this line.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #115
MagnumOpus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mr. Sosa, I really believe in your talent and respect your skills but don't you think those high prices could only kill some collector's joy! Not only your company but all the other producers in the industry are raising the price tags! The customers who is doing the paint job also have a very high fee so if a 1/4 kit is 500$, probably it will cost about 1000$ with shipping to a consumer! When I read your announcement, I get super excited! Especially "Shadow of the Bat" part and I said to myself "this is it for you!" cause I am a huge Batman fan! I suddenly make a plan to quit purchasing other characters cause this line will be the ultimate target for me but after continue to read your post, my all plans destroyed As a consumer I really don't like to hear "this is not for everyone!" motto! I know we are living in a world which only the rich survive but without the support of the fans, companies will become easily pointless cause your products are not also for everyone! I am living a nerd life, my only joy is to collect, read comics and watch the related movies of this genre! But everyday prices are going up! Also for the ones who are living in europe, collecting is like a nightmare because of the high taxes plus shipping costs! I really want to purchase your entire Batman kits cause there will be no QC problems, no cheap factory paintings and have chance to customize them in terms of painting and etc. So please consider to lower your prices
Thanks...
MagnumOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #116
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I hear you. I have a few artistic talents myself and one of the best customizers out there as a local contact on top of that but the sheer cost of the kits in addition to having to pay the extra shipping to have it routed through a US based buddy will keep me on the sidelines for this line.
but then people are willing to pay 700 to 800 dollars for a fully painted and assembled XM piece. so its all on how you look at it and what your willing to spend to acquire the piece your so desire. isn't any different than paying the outrageous amount of money for an aftermarket price. not saying you particularly is willing to fork over that kind of cash for anything. but a point need to be mentioned.

im actually really looking forward to this 1/4 scale line of model kits. something thats long over due IMO. ive said this a while ago many times before. this is def something SS, GG and XM should be looking into doing.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #117
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumOpus View Post
Mr. Sosa, I really believe in your talent and respect your skills but don't you think those high prices could only kill some collector's joy! Not only your company but all the other producers in the industry are raising the price tags! The customers who is doing the paint job also have a very high fee so if a 1/4 kit is 500$, probably it will cost about 1000$ with shipping to a consumer! When I read your announcement, I get super excited! Especially "Shadow of the Bat" part and I said to myself "this is it for you!" cause I am a huge Batman fan! I suddenly make a plan to quit purchasing other characters cause this line will be the ultimate target for me but after continue to read your post, my all plans destroyed As a consumer I really don't like to hear "this is not for everyone!" motto! I know we are living in a world which only the rich survive but without the support of the fans, companies will become easily pointless cause your products are not also for everyone! I am living a nerd life, my only joy is to collect, read comics and watch the related movies of this genre! But everyday prices are going up! Also for the ones who are living in europe, collecting is like a nightmare because of the high taxes plus shipping costs! I really want to purchase your entire Batman kits cause there will be no QC problems, no cheap factory paintings and have chance to customize them in terms of painting and etc. So please consider to lower your prices
Thanks...
I hear you, but after production each piece is like $200 or so( with 3D print) not counting my time, packaging, and the people that help me build accessories ( which I pay out of pocket) , plus on top of that royalties, and the actually upfront money for licensing. How can I make a living if I sell them at say $300? Please tell me, I'd love to know
In some colletor's minds there this idea that we are selling 3000 copies, try more like 30.
So you see? These are not for everyone and that is a fact.
Furthermore how can it be fair that people doing these illegally can afford to sell 20 unpainted and 30 painted at outrageous prices and still get support? But we are trying to do it legally and we just can't seem to get a break.
Think about that for a second please.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 12-16-2014 at 11:13 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #118
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumOpus View Post
Thanks...
If Erick is going to make any money the price is what it is. You are willing to pay $1000 for an XM piece right? So why is this ANY different. You are going to get the same level of sculpt, and the paint will be to your choosing. These are licensed kits, and Erick is paying through the nose for the license. In the end if he is going to be making $200 on each that will be good. Don't begrudge the man for wanting these to be worth his time and effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
but then people are willing to pay 700 to 800 dollars for a fully painted and assembled XM piece. so its all on how you look at it and what your willing to spend to acquire the piece your so desire. isn't any different than paying the outrageous amount of money for an aftermarket price. not saying you particularly is willing to fork over that kind of cash for anything. but a point need to be mentioned.

im actually really looking forward to this 1/4 scale line of model kits. something thats long over due IMO. ive said this a while ago many times before. this is def something SS, GG and XM should be looking into doing.
Yeah the idea, just have to see if I am courageous enough to give the painting a try....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I hear you, but after production each piece is like $200 or so( with 3D print) not counting my time, packaging, and the people that help me build accessories ( which I pay out of pocket) , plus on top of that royalties, and the actually upfront money for licensing. How can I make a living if I sell them at say $300? Please tell me, I'd love to know
In some colletor's minds there this idea that we are selling 3000 copies, try more like 30.
Furthermore how can it be fair that people doing these illegally can afford to sell 20 unpainted and 30 painted at outrageous prices and still get support? But we are trying to do it legally and we just can't seem to get a break.
I am glad that oh are doing these right m8, and don't let some get you down.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #119
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
you'll have no problem moving them Eric. just for the simple fact you just mentioned . custom kits/pre-painted statues.
whats the cost again?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #120
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Well, the 400-500 price range is partly due to low number of people interested in these kits, right? You said you were expecting about 30 or so orders. So if you get (let's say) 100 pre-orders/orders on a 1/4th statue will you then lower the price even just a little bit?

What about basing the price on the number of pre-orders? Under the assumption that since we'll be giving non-refundable deposits, I assume you will be putting these kits up for pre-order before actually producing them.

Maybe you could have a fixed price for pre-orders (ex: $100 per statue) and then determine the would-be overall price of the statue after the pre-order period has ended and the total number of pre-orders has been determined. If you can, just post the possible maximum and minimum prices (for example: Minimum: $350; Maximum: $500) of the specific statue when you put it up for pre-order. This way, more people would be encouraged to pre-order so that the final price would be lower. More pre-orders for you. Less cost for the collectors/kit builders. Everybody wins.

These are all just suggestions, I'm not even sure if this is practical or if it's even legal. Please tell me what you think.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote