Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #31
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Big changes have happened lately with XMen. Good and bad scenario which I am not at liberty to disclose...but let's just say the cookie jar has been opened, but...hmmm...well...Cable situation comes to mind.

But fret not...because like 90% of Xmen fans will be thrilled with what XM has in store and coming soon. Let the good times roll with only a slight pinch of confusion.
Do not even tell me this mean Rogue is coming but she is like the most exclusive of exclusives.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #32
captoz
Nightwing

Nah...it couldn't possibly be that. XM aren't stupid enough to make a major character in a line that people are collecting an exclusive that half of us can't get. Surely not?
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #33
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, Captoz.

Because yes, yes I can see XM doing just that. Cable, Weapon X, and Dark Phoenix come straight to mind.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:53 AM   #34
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Because yes, yes I can see XM doing just that. Cable, Weapon X, and Dark Phoenix come straight to mind.
I was! But sort of. You see, to me anyway, Dark Phoenix and Weapon X are point in time representations of those characters and also don’t represent them during their peak X-Men membership periods. In other words, we have a green Phoenix for collectors of the team and basically a choice of Wolvies that are closer to the way he looked as a team member than the Weapon X statue. Cable, whilst he has been a member of the X-men at certain points, is just as notorious as a stand alone character.

Rogue, on the other hand, is a core X-man and if I don’t have the opportunity to buy her because she is a rare or online ex, then that will be a hole in my XM X-Men team. I feel like that would prejudice my desire to own the others in the team. It would be a gaping hole for me.

So, in short, if this is the plan, then like they did with Spidey, I think XM should rethink it. Others may disagree, I guess. Just how I feel.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #35
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
I was! But sort of. You see, to me anyway, Dark Phoenix and Weapon X are point in time representations of those characters and also don’t represent them during their peak X-Men membership periods. In other words, we have a green Phoenix for collectors of the team and basically a choice of Wolvies that are closer to the way he looked as a team member than the Weapon X statue. Cable, whilst he has been a member of the X-men at certain points, is just as notorious as a stand alone character.

Rogue, on the other hand, is a core X-man and if I don’t have the opportunity to buy her because she is a rare or online ex, then that will be a hole in my XM X-Men team. I feel like that would prejudice my desire to own the others in the team. It would be a gaping hole for me.

So, in short, if this is the plan, then like they did with Spidey, I think XM should rethink it. Others may disagree, I guess. Just how I feel.
I agree too!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #36
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Big changes have happened lately with XMen. Good and bad scenario which I am not at liberty to disclose...but let's just say the cookie jar has been opened, but...hmmm...well...Cable situation comes to mind.

But fret not...because like 90% of Xmen fans will be thrilled with what XM has in store and coming soon. Let the good times roll with only a slight pinch of confusion.
I would be more thrilled if XM can get a world license for all their statues. No more jumping through hoops to get them.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I would be more thrilled if XM can get a world license for all their statues. No more jumping through hoops to get them.
Won't happen until Marvel/DC stop giving SS exclusive 1/4 scale licenses.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:21 AM   #38
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I haven't heard anything about 2018 exclusives yet. Too early to worry.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #39
Furyan
Mephisto

Any idea when we will see or hear more details on this piece?
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:33 PM   #40
AC_808
Hercules

Nope, no hint yet.

...And the people that are "in the know" can't share.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote