Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 02-14-2021, 05:33 AM   #1
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Old Marvel cards going NUTS!!!

Which one of you weirdos bought up all the product and pushed these prices? Old Marvel Universe, Masterpiece, X-Men, etc. prices are through the roof. Never thought I'd see them spike like this. ...now to find my old '92 MM sealed tin.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
Frankierock
Omega Red

I was thinking the same. I have the entire first 3 series and they were all kept in mint condition since I got them. And I have the first series Tin as well sealed. Just have to get them from my parents house. Really thinking of getting some of these graded. They are ridiculous if high graded.
Only issue is it’s $50 a card to get graded and will take over 6-8 weeks to get it back. At that time with everyone looking for their sets to do the same will the market get saturated and they all come back to their senses? So only cards that will still be high will be the Gem Mint 10’s if you are lucky enough to have it graded that high.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

yup I just sold off a sealed closed marvel universe series 1 box for 2k, and then the sellers asked if I had any other cards and another 1k for all my loose and special cards

I couldn't give these cards away for years and I tried, im happy I was able to blow these out while I could cause each passing hour the market is getting flooded.,

But this will all tank, I was big into the cards back in the 90s and the amount produced was nuts. When people clean out their closets like I did this weekend will tank those prices.

Will millions produced and people sitting on closed boxes and mint cards, the graded 10s will be plentyfull in the market.

Last edited by Vince-Vell; 02-14-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

also have a full set of series 1 on ebay now along with a set of holograms. tons watching and asking about them now.

im still floored that since the 90s I even asked people just to pay shipping and they could have all my stuff and everyone passed.

But watch when the comic shops go thru storage and unload their stock will be a riot.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:25 PM   #5
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I've noticed this as well. Some extreme high balling. From 1990-1996 these were amazing. Still have every universe, masterpiece, flair, fleer set. Got some of my rare ones graded by PSA. Its a bit fun waiting for the final grade. Sniping on eBay for graded cards is on a different level compared to statues.

More of a nostalgia thing for these buyers. Tax season and covid help too. It will pass.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Really thinking of getting some of these graded. They are ridiculous if high graded.
Only issue is it’s $50 a card to get graded and will take over 6-8 weeks to get it back. At that time with everyone looking for their sets to do the same will the market get saturated and they all come back to their senses? So only cards that will still be high will be the Gem Mint 10’s if you are lucky enough to have it graded that high.
Yeah, that's the question. ...when/if will the bottom fall out and is it worth it to spend the money to have them graded? Gem Mint 10s are going nuts...those're the ones that everyone's chasing. Which drives up the prices of sealed boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I couldn't give these cards away for years and I tried, im happy I was able to blow these out while I could cause each passing hour the market is getting flooded.,

But this will all tank, I was big into the cards back in the 90s and the amount produced was nuts. When people clean out their closets like I did this weekend will tank those prices.
That's one part of it that blows my mind (that and the prices). I'm really curious to know what exactly sparked it. Like you said, not a lot of people were really looking for this stuff, but now...crazy. Good for you, though...I'm kicking myself for not picking this stuff up when it was cheaper.

Quote:

But watch when the comic shops go thru storage and unload their stock will be a riot.
Ha, yeah...feels like a bubble waiting to pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
More of a nostalgia thing for these buyers. Tax season and covid help too. It will pass.
I think nostalgia plays a big part, but I think you have a lot of people that're looking to invest/profit driving the prices.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya maybe nostalgia is a part but from what im reading and hearing its all about getting them graded now.

Man if its a lot of new people they may be shocked to find out when the market unloads all the stock pile people have in closets or storage.

Cause as a kid I would ride my bikes to quick checks and 7/11s to find when they would open a new box and knew all the tricks on how rot get the holos. They were slightly larger then the rest of the reg cards, or they were on the front and you tore a tiny opening to see if it was a holo etc.

Thats how I got all mine back then hahahaha

first could cards that hit 10 on ebay will be pricey then when hundreds are at 10 wont matte anymore.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:50 PM   #8
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Cant wait for the death of superman craze to come back, I can retire off those black bagged comics!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #9
Philintheblank

Quote:
Cause as a kid I would ride my bikes to quick checks and 7/11s to find when they would open a new box and knew all the tricks on how rot get the holos. They were slightly larger then the rest of the reg cards, or they were on the front and you tore a tiny opening to see if it was a holo etc.

Thats how I got all mine back then hahahaha
That would've been nice to know lol.

Quote:
Cant wait for the death of superman craze to come back, I can retire off those black bagged comics!
Man, lol...that takes me back. Looking forward to the foil cover craze.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #10
Augen
The Hulk

Man...I had a whole box of these I threw out about three or four years ago. No clue if they'd fetch anything or not, crazy what randomly appreciates in value in collections.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote