Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #101
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post

There are NO Hulks worse than Rhino. That is fact.
I agree but, as far as Hulk goes, I’ve only ever bought the Maestro bust from BD. The others are great and everything but I just didn’t connect with any Hulk that wasn’t Maestro related. Since you’re the Hulk guru, which Bowen Hulk do you think is best?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #102
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Glad you hate him there’s one more out in the wild for a Spidey fan to get . He’s fantastic and miles better than Bowen’s rhino or lizard imo. Everybody loves what they love I guess.
better than Rhino yes, but that doesn't say much.

no way dude, Lizard poops on Kingpin, no contest.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #103
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I agree but, as far as Hulk goes, I’ve only ever bought the Maestro bust from BD. The others are great and everything but I just didn’t connect with any Hulk that wasn’t Maestro related. Since you’re the Hulk guru, which Bowen Hulk do you think is best?
Maestro makes sense he's selling for big bucks. I think he's one of Randy's best , best meaning top 10 or 15.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #104
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My personal favorite is the latest regular Hulk variant version. I am partial to the bronze era Hulk so this gets the nod for me. I love Maestro, Planet Hulk, and most every other one. I think the only BD I don't have is Fixit which I always planned to get but never picked one up and now the price is too high. I might snag one if I find a good deal (maybe a loose one or damaged box, etc.)

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #105
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This Hulk is brutal :

The original Rhino in 1960s was not as big as he is today so that scale is not that far off and he is beefier than the other villains except Kingpin and Venom.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #106
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

@JadeGiant:
I should have a Mr. FixIt somewhere in my warehouse. I'm packing to move my stuff from Auburn University to Miami so I'll check when I'm there.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #107
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
@JadeGiant:
I should have a Mr. FixIt somewhere in my warehouse. I'm packing to move my stuff from Auburn University to Miami so I'll check when I'm there.
Hey D, do you have Loki or lizard?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #108
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This Hulk is brutal :

Believe it or not, the Shiflett Hulks were highly regarded by the fan base when they first came out. I had both myself. This piece actually serves as compelling commentary on how much the industry has evolved.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #109
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sorry Subs, I might give you Rhino, but I can't hang with the Lizard hate lol. ...absolutely love that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Even though I own the statue and will never get rid of it, for me the Hellcat statue was really nothing spectacular. The body sculpt is nice but the head and face is just so off and wrong. Plus I do think the whole statue could have been a little more dynamic.
I actually just picked her up...I think the head is serviceable, but you're right...bit of a butter face. Bit of a 'the bust is better than the statue' situation in that aspect. Great body, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #110
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have owned the savage hulk variant but I ended up selling it when I was selling off some statues
I am trying to rebuild a Defenders display and I hate to say this but I don’t think I would be purchasing a Hulk statue again
Even though he was a main member throughout most of their run that would be a statue that I would purchase with the thoughts of “I can sell this one if I need to”and that’s not really why I want to purchase a statue. Also most Hulk statues seem to go for a rather high price now
However I did think that the statue was a fantastic one
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote