Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #51
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Scarecrow and Croc are by far the best pieces for this line imo.
Croc would be cool... He'd weigh a ton!

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #52
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I got this guy a few weeks ago and he is absolutely stunning. He is MASSIVE and a great value for the price.

The bad news is that he came a little damaged. I ignored the multiple negative reviews on Amazon (each one says some part of him was broken) and purchased him w/ my Amazon Prime bc it was by far the cheapest listing I saw online.

The problem is that they ship the statue w/ no protective packaging around it. You literally receive the statue in its original DCC packaging. I procrastinated on returning/exchanging him and think I'll keep him bc the damage isn't too bad. So far I own three Arkham statues and 2 out of 3 have arrived broken -_-. The Detective Bats was universally defective and only my Harley's pristine.

memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #53
strife87
Spider-Ham

That's too bad about freeze. I like the look of these pieces, they all display well together and look really nice overall.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #54
FJC
Midnighter

Congrats on your pick up memoria. I PO'd mine from DCBS and when he arrived, the gun barrel was broken. I was very lucky though. They sent me a replacement and it arrived mint. This piece really looks fantastic and is certainly one of the best looking statues in the line. I just hope we see another B&W Arkham statue get released soon. I don't like the fact that this line just seemed to stop. There are sooooo many other characters I was hoping to see get made.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:58 AM   #55
SDguy

Freeze is a great pick up! Sorry to see yours arrived broken. I have all the B&W Arkham pieces, and the colored ones too, and I had about a 70% broken rate among them all. Really terrible packaging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
I got this guy a few weeks ago and he is absolutely stunning. He is MASSIVE and a great value for the price.

The bad news is that he came a little damaged. I ignored the multiple negative reviews on Amazon (each one says some part of him was broken) and purchased him w/ my Amazon Prime bc it was by far the cheapest listing I saw online.

The problem is that they ship the statue w/ no protective packaging around it. You literally receive the statue in its original DCC packaging. I procrastinated on returning/exchanging him and think I'll keep him bc the damage isn't too bad. So far I own three Arkham statues and 2 out of 3 have arrived broken -_-. The Detective Bats was universally defective and only my Harley's pristine.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #56
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Was considering this for the longest but never did. No clue so many people had this issue. Especially when I'm paying more than usual for an Arkham piece
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #57
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I guess I got lucky as mine is perfect, it really is a great piece.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #58
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoria_hotel View Post
The problem is that they ship the statue w/ no protective packaging around it. You literally receive the statue in its original DCC packaging.

Sorry to hear about your statue. That's crazy. No Amazon shipping box at all? From my experience, they're one of the worst for packaging out there these days. Their prices and customer service are generally good, but packaging is one area where they really suck.

If you're lucky, you may just get some of those crappy air pockets they love using thrown in the box with your item. They always manage to be deflated by the time any orders get to me so they're really useless. The other problem is they don't even bother surrounding your item with these so while one side is protected, the other sides have nothing between them and the outer shipping box.

I canceled my Prime subscription some time ago and really cut back on my purchases with them. They're pretty much my last resort these days for collectibles or pretty much anything else.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #59
SDguy

If anyone hasn't picked up Freeze, yet, he's gotten ridiculously cheap for such a massive piece... $88 with free shipping!

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectible.../dp/B00JPIQPMU
Old 01-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #60
FJC
Midnighter

That's a steal for this magnificent looking piece.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote