Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Man of Steel Movie Iconic Statues

I know that some photos have posted, but they are buried in other threads.

A few pics to share. Lighting at Wondercon was pretty poor.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
jedi_don

Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

The face on Faora statue is horrible, she looks like a transvestite and her head looks to big for her body, kind of looks like a bobble head from the side view, I might get the other 3 tho...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
gomur
The Tick

These statues look very promising, especially the detail on the armor and costumes. The paint jobs seem highly competent... kudos GG! It's hard to evaluate the faces though. The lighting on these shots isn't the best and you don't see any real detail. It's like a bad Photoshop where all the wrinkles and features have been smoothed out.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
These statues look very promising, especially the detail on the armor and costumes. The paint jobs seem highly competent... kudos GG! It's hard to evaluate the faces though. The lighting on these shots isn't the best and you don't see any real detail. It's like a bad Photoshop where all the wrinkles and features have been smoothed out.
How much detail do you want? I shot these with a 20MP camera. The bad lighting required a high ISO. Here's some cropped/zoom photos. Still not at full resolution. Some of fuzziness is due to depth of field and a large aperture. DC's booth was horrible for taking photos.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
How much detail do you want? I shot these with a 20MP camera. The bad lighting required a high ISO. Here's some cropped/zoom photos. Still not at full resolution. Some of fuzziness is due to depth of field and a large aperture. DC's booth was horrible for taking photos.

Sorry, Jedi_Don. I didn't mean any disrespect or ingratitude. Thanks for the shots first and foremost. The close-ups look better and I can see some subtle shading that I didn't notice before. What did you think of the statues in person and various angles? Will you be pre-ordering any?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

Not impressed at all.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

It seems like they went a different route with painting flesh tones than on the DKR statues. The faces have looked really waxy in every photo I've seen from Toy Fair, WonderCon, etc., but I can't tell if it's something that just doesn't photograph well.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
demonhunter
Kingpin

Thanks for the pics, Jedi Don. Much appreciated.

I've got the Icon Dark Knight Rises 1/6 statue. I repainted the eyes myself because although they were well painted for such small sizes, it had that "too much coffee" look. Same thing here I feel for the Man of Steel icon statues. If they can tone that down, and paint it differently like Hot Toys, it'd be great.The sculpt and details are great.

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #10
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
It seems like they went a different route with painting flesh tones than on the DKR statues. The faces have looked really waxy in every photo I've seen from Toy Fair, WonderCon, etc., but I can't tell if it's something that just doesn't photograph well.
I think it is a flesh tone translucent resin. They lightly paint on top of it to provide depth. I think it is the same type Sideshow said they will use for Kenobi LSF. I have some anime and the QMx Codex statue that uses this technique. I think we might see it more on statues based on real people. It's different than most people are used to, but I think it looks pretty decent.