Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2024, 10:26 AM   #11
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

There's only so many folks who have the money/space for 1/3rd scale statues, even 1/4th scale statues. With rising cost on top of it its affecting everyone and especially those who mostly make bigger statues. If you are a new collector then you will either be turned off quick to the rising cost or maybe some will just have the options to buy discounted older statues that people have to sell at a huge discount.

If they are diversifying by offering more Anime statues that helps, but the rate of stuff being pushed out will likely decrease or they will do like SS and just keep producing but with very low ES's with a few exceptions.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:23 PM   #12
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Am I uhh misreading the room here?? The amount of statues this company is releasing combined with the absolutely ridiculously inflated prices seems like it's creating a situation that will make it nearly impossible to completely sell a majority of their stock overall in the future.

Their page on bbts is like ten straight pages of statues 1k to 4k that is just sitting there, and they just announced like 20 new statues that are inevitably going to be even more expensive. What are these people smoking?? Who tf is going to buy all these overstocked statues? Wtf is going on with this company???!! Is this like a ponzi scheme or something?
Could it be Prime 1 collectors have deep pockets, and are blissfully unaware of the concerns perceived by yourself?

I have watched 1/6th scale live chats, and some of those guys cannot quite understand statue collecting folk,
and the high price and large size associated with the hobby
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:56 PM   #13
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm less concerned about P1 than I am XM. Prime 1 is releasing production photos and products are coming out.

I also think it's telling that in this most recent showcase we saw a lot of 1/4 statues from a variety of popular IPs with simplistic bases. It looks like they're making efforts to diversify.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 01:26 PM   #14
Westhelle
Hydra

Prime1 has a bunch of Bruce Wayne's among their customers. No need to worry, pal.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:23 PM   #15
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
That...that actually would make a lot of sense to be honest.
It's been a rumor for quite some time.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:10 PM   #16
dao2
Cyclops

If they aren't doing cash what money are they laundering then?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:16 PM   #17
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It's probably why P1 took 8 months between showcases. Catch the factories up (Covid) and reassess the landscape. I've got no problem if P1 wants to add more video game and anime pieces or look into offering 1:4 pieces. I don't mind their 1:3 pieces and the large bases but I'm not foolish to think that's what everyone wants and hopefully they find a middle ground.

I do not think P1 is creating a bubble for themselves that will kill them down the road and hopefully are smart enough to see the landscape. I'm also more worried about XM atm than P1. I'll be irked if the Transformers I have on preorder are cancelled for whatever the reason.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:51 PM   #18
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I don?t think it?s a question of whether or not Prime1 is in trouble TODAY. From what I?ve seen, people are starting to question whether or not Prime1?s business strategy is sustainable long-term.
I believe that Prime 1 will be fine long term. They've set themselves up well with a long term plan. Even if the market for large scale polystone dips, they still have Cutie1, Prisma Wing, and general small scale PVC figures to fall back on.

I've seen that they recently acquired the license for Peanuts in Cutie1, so they have been spreading quite far.
God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:52 PM   #19
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
I believe that Prime 1 will be fine long term. They've set themselves up well with a long term plan. Even if the market for large scale polystone dips, they still have Cutie1, Prisma Wing, and general small scale PVC figures to fall back on.

I've seen that they recently acquired the license for Peanuts in Cutie1, so they have been spreading quite far.
What?s their long-term plan? I mean, you’re God man, so If you have insider information, let us know!

But in all seriousness, what I have seen over the last several years is that their plans have included the following:

1. An endless stream of new prototype reveals (with rare a delivery, and if delivered, it is years after the fact).
2. Lead times between 2 and 5 years (insanity - the spread really is that much)
3. Old product still available from years past.
4. Customer service that is below average if not in some cases, non-existent.

If I were to research writing a book about building a long-term, successful business, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t run across any literature suggesting any of those things.

Here, I am speaking strictly of their 1/3 scale lines. I’m not really including their newer children’s toy lines in my analysis.

In my humble opinion, Prime1 is over-extending themselves. They are trying to grow too much, too fast which can also wreck a company, not just slumps in sales. We see evidence of this in the fact that their lead times have just become abysmal and downright ridiculous for their 1/3 statues.

I want Prime1 to succeed and grow as it’s good for collecting, but something needs to change regarding lead times.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:59 PM   #20
qz33
Baron Zemo

Who cares.

Stop sending them PO money years in advance and wait to consider anything until it is actually in hand and all these considerations become rather moot.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote