Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #541
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogahonk View Post
Grabbed the new Sketchbook, Broken Pieces SDCC comic, and 5 prints from Aspen (Lady M, Iris LE, Ember LE, Haunted LE, Soulfire Vol 3.) Also nabbed Campbell's new hardcover books and 2 of his prints (CamAm Stewardess and Danger Girls On a Boat.) Thankfully I have an outstanding, above and beyond type, friend who went to SDCC and picked this stuff up for me. He also managed to get me 2 sketches.
Damn Ooga I got the same things but forgot to pick up a copy of Broken Pieces SDCC cover. And I got all of the limited aspen prints that they had. Oh and all of the new aspen prints as well. I spent way to much money.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #542
benhernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeals View Post
I posed this question to Frank, but haven't heard back from him on it.

I wondered if they ever considered releasing the last Soulfire that Mike had almost completed unfinished? Meaning I would have liked to see the pencils of that last book without Peter's coloring or Joe finishing it up, just Mike's pencils. I think it would have been really cool to see. Just a work in progress.

However, for all I know, Joe may have done the majority of work on that book.

Soulfire Vol. 1 #8 was the last issue that Mike worked on. You can actually tell where Joe's work starts. I know the original work is in a whole different place with a whole bunch of Mike's work that is not for sale. It would be cool to see volume 1 rereleased with just his pencils and the lettering. Like the recent release of Hush by DC. But I understand why they wouldn't, those last few pages are something special to the Aspen crew and especially Frank. So what ever frank and Peter decide I will back up 100%. Those two guys and the rest of the Aspen crew go way beyond anything for their fans. IMO they are doing right by us and by Mike, always giving us awesome new products and and awesome work.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #543
benhernandez

Ok so back to the topic, I know some of you must have received your black armor statue by know so how about some pics! Stop being stingys Mo Fo's and just put out already.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #544
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
But I understand why they wouldn't, those last few pages are something special to the Aspen crew and especially Frank. So what ever frank and Peter decide I will back up 100%. Those two guys and the rest of the Aspen crew go way beyond anything for their fans. IMO they are doing right by us and by Mike, always giving us awesome new products and and awesome work.
Ben, I totally agree with you. Additionally, I agree with their decisions too. I'm not questioning it. I just was wondering if they had ever considered releasing it that way. And of course I should have remembered it was issue 8. That issue had the first cover Joe did on the series.

Still no statue for me. You'll see pics when I get her. Don't worry.

I'm thrilled about Homecoming. Seeing the cover gave me goosebumps.
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #545
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Haven't gotten mine yet either. Haven't gotten a shipping/tracking # so can't really check on it's status.

Will definitely post a few pics once I get her.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #546
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I never got a tracking/shipping number for mine Jayden.

As for pics... I posted a few after unboxing her, but she had to go back in the box for now. As soon as she's displayed properly I'll get some more up.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #547
oogahonk
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Damn Ooga I got the same things but forgot to pick up a copy of Broken Pieces SDCC cover. And I got all of the limited aspen prints that they had. Oh and all of the new aspen prints as well. I spent way to much money.
Ben, I can't believe you forgot the Broken Pieces cover, and you even had one in your home....
oogahonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:21 AM   #548
benhernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by oogahonk View Post
Ben, I can't believe you forgot the Broken Pieces cover, and you even had one in your home....

I know huh! But hey I gotta do what I say I'm going to do.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #549
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Haven't gotten anything yet, though I have emailed Becky to see if she can provide a tracking number. On another note, the new sketchbook should be arriving tomorrow, so that'll be nice to get. Probably should chew a sponge to keep the drool managable.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #550
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
Haven't gotten anything yet, though I have emailed Becky to see if she can provide a tracking number. On another note, the new sketchbook should be arriving tomorrow, so that'll be nice to get. Probably should chew a sponge to keep the drool managable.
Do you know if yours was shipped last week?
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote