Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Were there ever pics of this and Sabretooth?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Were there ever pics of this and Sabretooth?
I don't remember seeing Sabretooth but there were a lot of Rogue pics. From concept drawings to being shown at SDCC (I think). Last I heard they were deciding on if she was going to wink or not and then nothing...Search for the thread if not I have some saved pics.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
darren1228
Zot

Here is Sabretooth

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the ship has sailed. It's been a long time since these were canceled and while there was at one point word that some sort of exclusive angle might be viable nothing has been discussed or announced beyond that. Inquiries about the future of either piece have been ignored. Most of those that were interested have probably moved on at this point, I know I have.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Such BS that these are not being made. Especially that Sabretooth.
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think the ship has sailed. It's been a long time since these were canceled and while there was at one point word that some sort of exclusive angle might be viable nothing has been discussed or announced beyond that. Inquiries about the future of either piece have been ignored. Most of those that were interested have probably moved on at this point, I know I have.
Gonk's most recent comments in the Ask Koto thread have me a little optimistic. I'd like to believe that the problem has mainly involved Koto restructuring and refocusing over the last couple years. When they first snagged the Marvel license they were churning out all sorts of product, and little of it was very memorable or on par with what Bowen was doing. But more recently they seem to be focusing on specific lines and limiting their output. I hold out hope that they'll begin expanding focus on the DRS statues again, both releasing the canceled Rogue, Sabretooth, and Wolverine statues and tackling some other much-needed characters like Cyclops and Storm.

The alternative answer is that they just can't find a way to make statues of characters as popular as Wolverine and Rogue profitable. And that seems ridiculous.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #17
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Gonk's most recent comments in the Ask Koto thread have me a little optimistic. I'd like to believe that the problem has mainly involved Koto restructuring and refocusing over the last couple years. When they first snagged the Marvel license they were churning out all sorts of product, and little of it was very memorable or on par with what Bowen was doing. But more recently they seem to be focusing on specific lines and limiting their output. I hold out hope that they'll begin expanding focus on the DRS statues again, both releasing the canceled Rogue, Sabretooth, and Wolverine statues and tackling some other much-needed characters like Cyclops and Storm.

The alternative answer is that they just can't find a way to make statues of characters as popular as Wolverine and Rogue profitable. And that seems ridiculous.
While I can appreciate your optimism, unfortunately I just don't share it. Koto made it pretty clear they're basing their decisions on whether to produce a piece or not solely on pre-order numbers. With Sabretooth and Rogue the pre-orders didn't meet expectations and instead of taking into consideration those numbers only count for a fraction of the potential sales they opted to play it safe and bail on the projects to the detriment of the Danger Room Series. To me this says they're not willing to take chances or stick with a piece for the greater good of the line in which it was to be a part of.

For me personally there is just to much Marvel product on the market competing for my money for me to stick with a company that has proven they will cancel pieces after they've been previewed and solicited. I may buy a Koto piece here or there but unfortunately going forward I won't invest in any of their lines because of the precedent they've set.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #18
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

They really should have made it clear up front that the releases were dependent on pre-order numbers. It would have made a huge difference in the numbers I'm sure. Personally, I rarely pre-order statues because you can find most things for a better price on eBay after release. But if I know that's the only way to get the statue it's another matter entirely.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #19
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
They really should have made it clear up front that the releases were dependent on pre-order numbers. It would have made a huge difference in the numbers I'm sure. Personally, I rarely pre-order statues because you can find most things for a better price on eBay after release. But if I know that's the only way to get the statue it's another matter entirely.
Exactly! I tried making this point after the initial cancellations in the hopes that Koto would reconsider their stance. I think the fact that they didn't consider this before making their decision shows a lack of understanding on how the market for these statues works.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #20
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I know the Brown Wolvy has a following, but what about Rogue? This piece has to be made! Hopefully the up coming X men movies gain popularity, and Koto would want to capitalize on the Danger Room line again...
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote