Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #101
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Question...do the misaligned screw holes affect every piece or are some OK?
Are you referring to this specific piece or the line as a whole?

I had all five girls and the only one that I had difficulty lining up correctly was Sweet Pea. Eventually I got her on the base and level however. Others had more trouble with their bases. I'd imagine the same goes for the WWI Zombie Soldier. Some are better than others.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #102
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Yep. It was about 50/50 with my SP pieces (I have all the girls and the zombie nazi). And the ones that were misaligned were majorly misaligned. I wasn't going to try to push it lest I snap a leg off.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #103
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Are you referring to this specific piece or the line as a whole?
Just curious about the Zombie. I have one and will look for a new one if there are reports that some of them are aligned properly. Mine isn't even close, it's way off.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Ah. Thats sucks. Good luck.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #105
Junofirst
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
how out of scale is that rifle?
looks like its sposed to be a kar 98, and from the movie and actual reference photos it loos like a 1/5 rifle on a 1/4 zombie
Junofirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #106
pbeenz
Doh!

i received mine today but unfortunately the box "rattled" when I picked it up and 5 x pieces had broken off.
Statue weighs a ton and the packaging just isnt up to the task of protecting the extremely fragile appendages.
Also the base screw holes are miles out of alignment. One is going to need redrilling or elongating with a file to line up.
Overall a mess really.
I hope I can get a credit as I dont really want a replacement.
pbeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #107
ukshaun
Hercules

The Zombie is always for sale on ebay. They donot appear to have made that many. Unlike the girls, the price as not gone skyhigh. I noticed an Australian company has 5 for sale. I did wonder why one company would have 5 ?

I own 3 Gentle Giant 1/4 statues, and 2 out of 3 arrived broken. Gentle Giant could learn and thing or two from other companies and how they pack their statues.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #108
pbeenz
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The Zombie is always for sale on ebay. They donot appear to have made that many. Unlike the girls, the price as not gone skyhigh. I noticed an Australian company has 5 for sale. I did wonder why one company would have 5 ?

I own 3 Gentle Giant 1/4 statues, and 2 out or 3 arrived broken. Gentle Giant could learn and thing or two from other companies and how they pack their statues.
it was that Australian company i bought mine from, it was marked down considerably and they had a 20% off sale just 2 weeks ago which made it a bargain.

I wasnt expecting it to be so heavy and so fragile. The bayonet was a different media and is flexible, they should have done the same with the breathing hoses and cuffs etc.
pbeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:55 AM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeenz View Post
it was that Australian company i bought mine from, it was marked down considerably and they had a 20% off sale just 2 weeks ago which made it a bargain.

I wasnt expecting it to be so heavy and so fragile. The bayonet was a different media and is flexible, they should have done the same with the breathing hoses and cuffs etc.
Is it numbered?

Those small broken parts can be glued back on. I find self-mixing rapid set / 5 minute Araldite is the best option.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote