Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #111
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Oh wow mate, action packed!!

Will be great to catch up in Melbourne, we really should organise a SF dinner\meetup on the Saturday evening especially with yourself, Luke and Steve all trekking in from out of state!
You betcha!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #112
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

wow, $200 for a headshot from Jim? I'd be interested to know how many get done during the con, and how many Peter does. Anyone know what Tony's sketch policies are?
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #113
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Will be great to catch up in Melbourne, we really should organise a SF dinner\meetup on the Saturday evening especially with yourself, Luke and Steve all trekking in from out of state!
Sounds good Rod although I think the family have some other plans for me outside of Con time. Maybe we can squeeze in a lunch time beer/s Sat or Sun?
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #114
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Sounds good Rod although I think the family have some other plans for me outside of Con time. Maybe we can squeeze in a lunch time beer/s Sat or Sun?
No probs mate, sounds good!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #115
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
wow, $200 for a headshot from Jim? I'd be interested to know how many get done during the con, and how many Peter does. Anyone know what Tony's sketch policies are?
http://tonymooreillustration.com/?page_id=271
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #116
halfthai
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

Awesome, getting some lunch/beers on one of the days is probably best for me too. I'm flying in on Friday night and might have to see some family on Saturday evening, but I'll try to be as flexible as possible if anything is planned. Can't wait now! STAN LEE!

Also, what time do you think it's best to get to Supanova Sydney to try to get a piece from Jimmy? 1 hour before doors opening, or earlier?
halfthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #117
Royd
Producer
Producer

Having seen the queues at the Gold Coast and Perth Supanova shows and being aware that Supanova Sydney attracted 23,000 attendees last year, I'd certainly advise getting there early!

I have spoken to Jim to suggest that he bring along a small selection of artwork but he wasn't sure about lugging a folio of artwork around with him. He's also reluctant to do full-figure pieces (which would naturally be more than $200) as he can do more head-shots and keep a greater number of fans happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfthai View Post
Awesome, getting some lunch/beers on one of the days is probably best for me too. I'm flying in on Friday night and might have to see some family on Saturday evening, but I'll try to be as flexible as possible if anything is planned. Can't wait now! STAN LEE!

Also, what time do you think it's best to get to Supanova Sydney to try to get a piece from Jimmy? 1 hour before doors opening, or earlier?
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #118
Royd
Producer
Producer

Apart from the comics creator guests, I'm really looking forward to catching up with one of my favourite authors - Matthew Reilly (creator of the "Scarecrow" and "Jack West Jr." series)!

Matthew's books are a roller-coaster ride of fun and action/adventure with a military flavour and it's very hard to put down one of his books. You want to keep reading to find out how his hero escapes from the next bizarre/terrible misfortune!

I suspect he's going to be a very popular guest and it'll be great to see him again. He's even bringing along his working DeLorean to Supanova Sydney which will be very cool given that one of the Film/TV guests is Christoper Lloyd from the "Back to the Future" movies - haha!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #119
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Very excited for you guys! Just one more week
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #120
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

First day of Supanova is done and I'm back at the hotel. Was able to start a new Jam and get a few characters on it (will post pictures when I'm back at home). Managed to get a few interviews and got some more a scheduled for tomorrow and best of all, I met Royd in person!
mez is offline   Reply With Quote