Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #41
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I like the fact that 'anything floats his boat'. In a world where you have to tiptoe around every little thing so you never come close to offending anyone, it's nice to see someone of that age who's open to ideas.
It's not that he's open to ideas. Look, I'm a huge Stan fan and always have been for his comic book writing and creativity. But now he's a paid Marvel pitch man. As I stated in my prior post, I'm sure supporting Marvel is in his contract with him to insure the payments he continues to receive from them. He'll say anything to support Marvel, help boost Disney's stock price and line his pockets. And this coming from a devoted Stan fan, seriously, to my grave.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #42
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You and I will never agree on your point that it's "just a story."
That's the beauty of an opinion, we don't have to agree

Quote:
It's not that he's open to ideas. Look, I'm a huge Stan fan and always have been for his comic book writing and creativity. But now he's a paid Marvel pitch man. As I stated in my prior post, I'm sure supporting Marvel is in his contract with him to insure the payments he continues to receive from them. He'll say anything to support Marvel, help boost Disney's stock price and line his pockets. And this coming from a devoted Stan fan, seriously, to my grave.
Or...and I'm just throwing this out there...maybe he does actually think it's neat??? I truly love when he states something pro-Marvel it's automatically because he 'has to'.

Ahh well...this is pointless anyway
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #43
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm saying, it's going to end up being a clone or something.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #44
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm saying, it's going to end up being a clone or something.
Whatever it is, the beginning and end of the story was approved by Marvel. This wasn't done as an insult to the Jewish community, but in an age where everyone takes offence to everything, I'm never surprised when things spiral out of control so quickly.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #45
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Whatever it is, the beginning and end of the story was approved by Marvel. This wasn't done as an insult to the Jewish community, but in an age where everyone takes offence to everything, I'm never surprised when things spiral out of control so quickly.
Oh you and me both. I was just happy to see how many people cared about comics. Which they probably don't. It's probably more accurate to say everyone is just looking for something, anything, to get mad at.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #46
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it was not intended as an offense. What matters is that it IS an offense. Again, see the link I posted on this topic in this thread. And, you said you understood and respected my prior post on this topic, when I referenced my grandmother, a page or two back. I assume that hasn't changed. Others, as well, have stated they didn't realize this was an issue until having it brought to their attention, only now to understand it. Again, I assume this hasn't changed.

This is NOT an issue of people "tak[ing] offense to everything." This is an issue of real people with real relatives who've experience a real atrocity in recent human memory feeling as though this is being treated unfairly (again, to the link I posted).

Last edited by wktf; 05-30-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #47
PureInvasion

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it was not intended as an offense. What matters is that it IS an offense. Again, see the link I posted on this topic in this thread. And, you said you understood and respected my prior post on this topic, when I referenced my grandmother, a page or two back. I assume that hasn't changed. Others, as well, have stated they didn't realize this was an issue until having it brought to their attention, only now to understand it. Again, I assume this hasn't changed.

This is NOT an issue of people "tak[ing] offense to everything." This is an issue of real people with real relatives who've experience a real atrocity in recent human memory feeling as though this is being treated unfairly (again, to the link I posted).
Yes, yes. I understand what you're saying.

Still...

So because a fictional character was created by two Jewish creators ages ago as a means to oppose the Nazi/Hydra force, it means that that character can never evolve or have a story told from a different viewpoint as its 'offensive'? C'mon...

And sorry to say, but yes, nowadays everything offends everyone and it's really bloody annoying. One can no longer stand in the middle of an argument (a 'who cares' stance). You have to take either a far left or far right viewpoint and that is it.

I think of this as a 'Red Son' type story (Superman) anyway.

Regardless it doesn't matter anyway. The internet blew the story up and the issue sold incredibly well. If anything, this 'outrage' should have resulted in decreased buying, but just like usual, all the ones whining were probably also the ones buying every copy they saw. Marvel won. The end. I'm done here.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #48
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Be done, then. All I've done is take an opposing view point from yours. There was nothing personal toward you in my comments. There's been no drama from me, just disgust over something I find disgusting. If you feel that's drama and it forces you to leave a conversation, well, good luck on the rest of this forum and in life.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #49
PureInvasion

Quote:
Be done, then. All I've done is take an opposing view point from yours. There was nothing personal toward you in my comments. There's been no drama from me, just disgust over something I find disgusting. If you feel that's drama and it forces you to leave a conversation, well, good luck on the rest of this forum and in life.
Oh lord...
Old 05-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #50
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I thought you were done.

And that comment wasn't meant as a dis. Life is filled with dissenting opinions. Spouses, kids, friends, coworkers. Unless they turn nasty, there's no reason to walk away.

Last edited by wktf; 05-30-2016 at 05:52 PM.