Old 05-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #131
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Anything yet?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #132
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I have this on order, but I'm glad I did not fall for the it arrives in 13 days bit, now please pay. I believe this is over a month past when they stated it would arrive.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:41 PM   #133
Buddy Bradley
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I have this on order, but I'm glad I did not fall for the it arrives in 13 days bit, now please pay. I believe this is over a month past when they stated it would arrive.
Yeah, I'm just assuming it won't be here any time soon and I'll just be surprised when it does ship. Kind of strange how they can be so wrong so many times about it.
Buddy Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #134
statue-man
The Riddler

That's why I'm thinking 2019 for Superman. To many irons in the fire.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #135
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Bradley View Post
Yeah, I'm just assuming it won't be here any time soon and I'll just be surprised when it does ship. Kind of strange how they can be so wrong so many times about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
That's why I'm thinking 2019 for Superman. To many irons in the fire.
Some companies shipping crates get cleared quicker
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #136
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Some companies shipping crates get cleared quicker
Yeah, but I can't recall when anyone has come close to getting an estimated shipping time correct in recent memory. At some point, you'd think a historical failure for factories and customs to meet deadlines would lead to either a more accurate estimated ship date or a later pre-order. For smaller companies, I get that pre-orders can drive the ES. I recall DC eventually soliciting closer to when statues would actually ship - I don't know how much their reliability to meet dates increased. The Prime 1 dates are now over a year out from pre-order and I STILL expect those to get missed.

But, many times it's not that these companies (Tweeterhead is definitely not alone) miss their estimated delivery date - they aren't even close. Supergirl and Mxyzptlk had December 2017 dates. Well, Mxyzptlk STILL has a December 2017 date. Even if Supergirl ships in June, that's still a 6 month delay. For me, I've been around long enough where I already expect a 3-6 (or more) month delay, so this isn't something that is really bothering me. But, I can see where it can put off any newcomers.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM   #137
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Yeah, but I can't recall when anyone has come close to getting an estimated shipping time correct in recent memory. At some point, you'd think a historical failure for factories and customs to meet deadlines would lead to either a more accurate estimated ship date or a later pre-order. For smaller companies, I get that pre-orders can drive the ES. I recall DC eventually soliciting closer to when statues would actually ship - I don't know how much their reliability to meet dates increased. The Prime 1 dates are now over a year out from pre-order and I STILL expect those to get missed.

But, many times it's not that these companies (Tweeterhead is definitely not alone) miss their estimated delivery date - they aren't even close. Supergirl and Mxyzptlk had December 2017 dates. Well, Mxyzptlk STILL has a December 2017 date. Even if Supergirl ships in June, that's still a 6 month delay. For me, I've been around long enough where I already expect a 3-6 (or more) month delay, so this isn't something that is really bothering me. But, I can see where it can put off any newcomers.
I'm surprised they're even bothering to produce Mxyzptlk with less than 100 orders. Not sure how they can profit on that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #138
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I'm good with waiting longer than initial shipping estimate.....it's pretty much a standard now. I have 4 Tweeterhead statues so far and they are all amazing. They are worth the wait time.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #139
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm good with waiting longer than initial shipping estimate.....it's pretty much a standard now. I have 4 Tweeterhead statues so far and they are all amazing. They are worth the wait time.
Part of the "issue" is this line is so exciting. I want my Wonder Woman really bad, and then Donna Troy, then I want Big Barda and Power Girl announced and released, and then, and then, etc.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:36 PM   #140
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

Exactly. Anyone one who has been collecting statues for any length of time and frequents the statue forums and FB groups knows his.

But if the companies didn’t provide at least an estimate then buyers wouldn’t be happy. Again, it’s a lose/lose for vendors.