Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-13-2022, 08:00 AM   #1491
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sideshow should wait atleast 1 year before offering such discounts. It puts me off purchasing anything from Sideshow until it hits sale status.
It also goes to show, possibly everything by Sideshow could be discounted by 10% - 20%
Yes, it's annoying that the folks who pre-ordered her and likely paid for her before being released are the ones that basically financed the production but do not get the benefit of the discount.

Years ago I had pre-ordered a 1:3 scale PCS statue thru Sideshow. Less than a week after it was sent to me, they offered free shipping. I contacted Sideshow to "express my displeasure" and they gave me a credit in the amount of my shipping cost toward another pre-order I was in the process of paying off via flex payments. I appreciated that. Not sure how open they would be to something like that today...
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:38 AM   #1492
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Yes, it's annoying that the folks who pre-ordered her and likely paid for her before being released are the ones that basically financed the production but do not get the benefit of the discount.

Years ago I had pre-ordered a 1:3 scale PCS statue thru Sideshow. Less than a week after it was sent to me, they offered free shipping. I contacted Sideshow to "express my displeasure" and they gave me a credit in the amount of my shipping cost toward another pre-order I was in the process of paying off via flex payments. I appreciated that. Not sure how open they would be to something like that today...
I recall the moment PCS started shipping the Kessler Wolf. Sideshow slashed to the price to $200 and it was out of stock within 24hrs. I am kicking myself for jumping on it at that price. I did wonder at the time if Sideshow panicked as those that pre_ordered from PCS were not happy with the results compared to the proto (mainly the mouth and teeth area, which look average to say the least).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #1493
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sideshow are offering 10% off Power Girl already..
How annoying.
Yeah, Ahsoka and PG went 10% + free shipping.

That's $200 in savings I missed out on.

Really makes me think about pre ordering pieces as reward points don't match these sort of discounts. (Of course now piece I wait on will sell out and never have a discount).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:27 AM   #1494
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, Ahsoka and PG went 10% + free shipping.

That's $200 in savings I missed out on.

Really makes me think about pre ordering pieces as reward points don't match these sort of discounts. (Of course now piece I wait on will sell out and never have a discount).
Yep, it's always a crap shoot.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:32 AM   #1495
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Yep, it's always a crap shoot.
Yeah, I won't sweat it. Love those pieces and glad to have them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:02 PM   #1496
Lugnuts
Birdman

I got this last week for their July 4 discount but no free shipping, now is has free shipping SMH.
Thankfully I contacted sideshow and they gave me free shipping as I had this on payment plan. I’m glad sideshow has good customer service otherwise that’s $60 I’d be missing out on (that’s how much the shipping would have been).
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #1497
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I?m glad sideshow has good customer service otherwise that?s $60 I?d be missing out on (that?s how much the shipping would have been).
They're usually pretty accommodating, never hurts to ask, glad it worked out.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:53 PM   #1498
coolbear
Justice League

I heard back from Sideshow and they agreed (after some back-and-forth) to ship new portraits. I'm glad their customer service is usually great.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:42 PM   #1499
Xenomrph
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sideshow ----ed up shipping my Power Girl, UPS tried to deliver it to my house on Mondau and I wasn't home and they left a slip saying I could pick it up at a nearby CVS, tracking went haywire all week and briefly said it was being shipped back to California for some reason, today it says it was delivered at the CVS, I go and check and it's not there and the delivery tracking says it was delivered to the CVS but the proof of delivery says it was delivered to "Frank" on the "Dock" in California.

On top of that, their customer support page on their website seems to be nonresponsive.

I wouldn't be nearly so annoyed if this hadn't cost nearly $700 after shipping and tax.

Edit--
Just chatting with customer support:
Quote:
Okay. So it looks like what happened is that UPS tried to deliver it on 7/18. Since they weren't able to, they took it to the CVS in Phoenix. It looks like from there, they sent it back to us. What will happen now is once it's checked back into our warehouse, you'll be refunded and you are welcome to reorder the item. I'll ask that they refund you in full, as I'm not sure why it was sent back to us
Amazing.

Edit #2--

Looks like canceling the first order and re-ordering it saved me $100 because I got free shipping and 10% off, so that's cool I guess!
Xenomrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:56 PM   #1500
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomrph View Post
Sideshow ----ed up shipping my Power Girl, UPS tried to deliver it to my house on Mondau and I wasn't home and they left a slip saying I could pick it up at a nearby CVS, tracking went haywire all week and briefly said it was being shipped back to California for some reason, today it says it was delivered at the CVS, I go and check and it's not there and the delivery tracking says it was delivered to the CVS but the proof of delivery says it was delivered to "Frank" on the "Dock" in California.

On top of that, their customer support page on their website seems to be nonresponsive.

I wouldn't be nearly so annoyed if this hadn't cost nearly $700 after shipping and tax.

Edit--
Just chatting with customer support:

Amazing.

Edit #2--

Looks like canceling the first order and re-ordering it saved me $100 because I got free shipping and 10% off, so that's cool I guess!
blessing in disguise i suppose. But yeah, what happened with ups and them sending it back right away was messed up. i know in fedex they will make 3 attempt and after that they will leave the package at the nearest pickup. The package will sit there for 1 week before it is sent back. i don't know why ups dropped the package right away to nearest location, they usually do 3 attempts.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote