Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-08-2023, 03:38 PM   #3551
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
1923 6/10

I thought it was going to be one season like 1883. Now we have to wait until who knows when to see the second season.
Same here. Too much drama, not enough action.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:48 PM   #3552
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Mayfair Witches - Follows a neurosurgeon who discovers she is the unlikely heir to a family of witches. She must contend with a sinister presence that has haunted her family for generations.

It's not as good as the Interview with the Vampire TV show. I had read that beforehand, but there might be a crossover in a future season so I still watched it. 6/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 03:03 PM   #3553
Python
Omega Red

Space Force S2 7.5/10

Just as I finish the second season of a show I like, I find out it's already been canned. A shame really, this show has a similar charm to Bobs burgers that I mentioned a few pages back. It isn't overly hilarious, it isn't perfect, it's just kind of innocent and easy to watch. I liked this, I hope it's picked up again in future, especially as they ended with a cliffhanger..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:09 PM   #3554
Asgard
Deadman

Picard
Season 3 Episode 1-4

9/10

For me it's the best I've seen in this genre for a long time.
The episodes have a story, joke, tension, drama, ....
I don't know if the following episodes can keep this level, but up to this point the makers have done everything right.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #3555
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Picard
Season 3 Episode 1-4

9/10

For me it's the best I've seen in this genre for a long time.
The episodes have a story, joke, tension, drama, ....
I don't know if the following episodes can keep this level, but up to this point the makers have done everything right.
I agree. This season is way better than season 2 so far.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 12:46 PM   #3556
Python
Omega Red

Picard S3 EP 1-4

8.5/10.

This score may be relative to the standards we're used to today, this show will never go down in history with the likes of TNG and Babylon 5 as legendary. What it is however (So far) is a very enjoyable watch. I'd basically written this show off after S1 & S2, neither of which were very good. I had no intention of watching S3 until I saw a few surprisingly positive comments appear from critics I trust. And they were right! I've gone from disliking the show, to actually looking forward to the next episode.

The Titan design is very much growing on me, obviously it's nice to see Riker and Picard back doing what they should be. But the supporting cast in general is way better (I can actually remember most of them) Seven is being used much better also in this season and I have to say, I absolutely love Captain Shaw!! You might be cautiously worried about him in episode one and probably rightly so. In any other modern show like this he would have been a one dimensional "villain". But no, the writers have actually put a bit of time and effort into characters on this show. By the end of episode 4, not only will you understand him, you'll probably actively like him. And even when he's being blunt and seemingly unreasonable, he tends to have a point, he just seems to have no time or interest in any nonsense, I found him to be genuinely funny at times. It really is just refreshing to see a show like this and actually connect with the characters.

Picard season 3 has done the impossible, it's given me hope for the Trek franchise again and I can't wait to see the rest of it. Between this and Andor, it has been a good time to be a fan of the genre lately.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:01 PM   #3557
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

The Last Of Us (Season 1) - 9/10
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:15 AM   #3558
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

As much as I enjoy Picard, I wish they had gone to the format of each episode was truly its own episode. I feel like I, watching an 8 hour movie in pieces.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:25 AM   #3559
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Last of Us - Season 1 - 8/10

Only because I wanted more infected than what we got and some parts felt a tad rushed. Ironically, the parts where they expanded the story to add back information were excellent (lookin at you, Long Long Time episode).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 12:06 PM   #3560
AC_808
Hercules

I don't know why, but decided to watch the first episode of Gotham Knights on CW last night. Call me curious, I guess.

I find it very hard to swallow that someone could kill Bruce Wayne with his Bat-Cowl on. Hard to swallow that his adopted son would step in even though he was not trained by Batman. He didn't even know Bruce Wayne was Batman. Also couldn't believe how quickly he found the Batcave right after Bruce Wayne died.

Either the show runners don't know how to tell a story ...or I'm biased about how easy Batman can be killed.

So far ... 3/10
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote