Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #131
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Although this is a beautiful piece....will pass on this. Wish they could focus on other not yet made characters but that just sounds like a broken record in my head so I give up on that concept. Congrats to all of you who will add this piece to your displays. Looking forward to future pictures.
I agree with you completely. But, you know what's kind of hilarious to me? The live show yesterday was touted as a "Marvel," show. But, it was quite literally nothing but Spiderman pieces (other than like 1 Iron Man piece). Then you look at the fact that half of the prints they put up are Spiderman, and the fact that every PF they've put up this year is also Spiderman. Maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't have to do so many discounts if they didn't oversaturate their own market with nothing but Spiderman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:03 PM   #132
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Looking really good.

After seeing this I couldn’t hold out anymore and pre ordered it. Love the glossy red finish. Can’t wait for it.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:21 PM   #133
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
every PF they've put up this year is also Spiderman.
Funny you said this. Last month I screenshot this because it was amusing. Searched Premium Format, filtered just Marvel, and sorted by Newest. The last 3 Marvel PFs are all some version of Peter Parker. Lol. Skip Wolverine and it was Miles. So of the last 5 Marvel PFs for preorder 4/5 have been Spider-Man. And it’s no wonder a Wolverine is the other preorder.

I guess sideshow wanted to capitalize off of Spider-Verse but I’ve never seen them OD like this before for any other franchise. And I’m saying this as a #1 Spider-Fan.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:47 PM   #134
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Funny you said this. Last month I screenshot this because it was amusing. Searched Premium Format, filtered just Marvel, and sorted by Newest. The last 3 Marvel PFs are all some version of Peter Parker. Lol. Skip Wolverine and it was Miles. So of the last 5 Marvel PFs for preorder 4/5 have been Spider-Man. And it?s no wonder a Wolverine is the other preorder.

I guess sideshow wanted to capitalize off of Spider-Verse but I?ve never seen them OD like this before for any other franchise. And I?m saying this as a #1 Spider-Fan.
Yeah. While one part of me laughs at it, the other part of me is really disheartened because it greatly dampens my hope that a lot of other characters I want will ever be made by anyone besides a custom group.

BTW, go do the same thing for their art prints. I bet easily 80% of them are either Spiderman or Batman related.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 06:17 PM   #135
AC_808
Hercules

It's also disheartening that Sideshow may not even realize they're oversaturating their own market.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:02 PM   #136
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It's also disheartening that Sideshow may not even realize they're oversaturating their own market.
or they are well aware if they don't others will. That is just the nature of business.

Sideshow is smart enough to know to capitalize while they can. Few consider all businesses and markets have a finite lifespan instead of continuing into perpetuity.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:43 AM   #137
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Although this is a beautiful piece....will pass on this. Wish they could focus on other not yet made characters but that just sounds like a broken record in my head so I give up on that concept. Congrats to all of you who will add this piece to your displays. Looking forward to future pictures.

I'm not sure I understand your take/argument regarding this release? Yes a repeat, but the OG is 10+ years out, so for some collectors this offering is a collecting relief. And at only 650 es run, why any fuss at all?

We all want new characters, but recent past releases were not supported as expected. That's the problem.

Hope I'm wrong, but an indication of where we stand will be revealed by the sale results of both Penguin & TW Two face. Two long sought after characters, a lot of noise by the community, we'll see what we see.

P.S. OG version is still a great sculpt, but this version is suspended up top. Suspended. So not an outright repeat, but rather an improved, classic, iconic treat.

A great work, and more than worthy to have it's place, my advice is to make some adequate space.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:51 AM   #138
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Again, I don't believe re-releasing this character after 10+ years is over saturation? Yes, Spidey has been done, but never quite like this by Sideshow, as every aspect of this sculpt seems to be a go! This sculpt looks to be sound, all around. Can't wait, as this one was an act of fate.

And at 650 it shouldn't be an issue for anyone
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #139
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
or they are well aware if they don't others will. That is just the nature of business.

Sideshow is smart enough to know to capitalize while they can. Few consider all businesses and markets have a finite lifespan instead of continuing into perpetuity.
So keep making more Spider-Man pieces even tho most of their PF releases this year have been Spider-Man related?
Old 06-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #140
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Again, I don't believe re-releasing this character after 10+ years is over saturation? Yes, Spidey has been done, but never quite like this by Sideshow, as every aspect of this sculpt seems to be a go! This sculpt looks to be sound, all around. Can't wait, as this one was an act of fate.

And at 650 it shouldn't be an issue for anyone
Read back further, Divo. I don't believe you understand the conversation. This piece alone doesn't cause oversaturation.

In fact, I like that this character was re-released ... Or in other words, revisited. I ordered this piece cause I didn't get the first one.