Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2023, 02:10 AM   #11
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Mr. Kitty - After Dark
The Cure - Forest
Billie Eilish - No Time to Die

Usually Youtube for clips, and itunes to listen on my phone.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:00 AM   #12
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Spiritbox kicks butt. I'll be seeing them (with Shinedown) in September. How was the concert? Don't tell me you only listen to bands with female singers though.

The show was amazing with good mix of heavy and lighter tracks. Higher production value than when I saw them open for Bad Omens and Underoath. My favorite part was the breakdown of Circle with Me when she came right over where I was and we all sang (or rather screamed) together.

No, I listen to a mix of artists. I saw Sabaton recently (Epica was lead in), going to see Gojira upcoming (with Mastadon). Rammstein was a big one last year. I want to see Electric Callboy. Going a music festival and big acts be Tool, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. Looking over and majority of vocals are male in rock and metal genre I listen to. Bands like Spiritbox and Jinjer are not as common.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:55 AM   #13
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I saw Sabaton recently (Epica was lead in)
I almost went to that show, how was it? I haven't seen Sabaton live yet, but I did see Epica with Kamelot several years back (Kamelot still had Roy Khan), great show.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 10:54 AM   #14
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I almost went to that show, how was it? I haven't seen Sabaton live yet, but I did see Epica with Kamelot several years back (Kamelot still had Roy Khan), great show.
It was a lot of fun and the stage being a tank was new to me.

I remember the crowd sat and started rowing during a song and that was fun.

Lot of positive energy and they were excited that so many people came out.

European acts rarely come over and when they do I often have to travel for them. Stinks when they are in the general midwest area during the week as I cannot take off two days of work to drive 5 hours each way and stay in a hotel.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:40 PM   #15
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
It was a lot of fun and the stage being a tank was new to me.

I remember the crowd sat and started rowing during a song and that was fun.

Lot of positive energy and they were excited that so many people came out.
A tank, that's awesome

Quote:
European acts rarely come over and when they do I often have to travel for them. Stinks when they are in the general midwest area during the week as I cannot take off two days of work to drive 5 hours each way and stay in a hotel.
Yep, most of the time I would have to drive 2-3 hours to Detroit or Chicago to see those types of bands. I spent the summer of 2004 out west and I was just getting into Nightwish, and I saw they were going to be in Denver, so I made the 8-hour drive to see them, which remains my longest distance to see a concert, totally worth it though.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #16
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
A tank, that's awesome

Yep, most of the time I would have to drive 2-3 hours to Detroit or Chicago to see those types of bands. I spent the summer of 2004 out west and I was just getting into Nightwish, and I saw they were going to be in Denver, so I made the 8-hour drive to see them, which remains my longest distance to see a concert, totally worth it though.
Awesome! I saw Nightwish (with Beast in Black) in Chicago last year, so glad I did as may never get another opportunity.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:10 PM   #17
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Nice! Floor, the goddess. I've seen them with Tarja and Anette, but not with Floor yet. Such a bummer Marco left, but I'm just glad they're continuing on
Old 05-08-2023, 04:49 PM   #18
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
The show was amazing with good mix of heavy and lighter tracks. Higher production value than when I saw them open for Bad Omens and Underoath. My favorite part was the breakdown of Circle with Me when she came right over where I was and we all sang (or rather screamed) together.

No, I listen to a mix of artists. I saw Sabaton recently (Epica was lead in), going to see Gojira upcoming (with Mastadon). Rammstein was a big one last year. I want to see Electric Callboy. Going a music festival and big acts be Tool, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. Looking over and majority of vocals are male in rock and metal genre I listen to. Bands like Spiritbox and Jinjer are not as common.
Nice. We like a lot of the same music. Rammstein was probably the most entertaining concert I've ever been to. I only asked as a joke because you only collect female statues.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:50 PM   #19
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Nice. We like a lot of the same music. Rammstein was probably the most entertaining concert I've ever been to. I only asked as a joke because you only collect female statues.

I was in the Feuerzone in San Antonio and you could feel the flames like this one big time.

Till drank half of this water and then threw it at me and I finished it so...from a certain point a view I had a drink with him.

On the statues that sort of evolved from characters I like and then a theme to limit myself and it got a bit unwieldy anyways.