Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-24-2023, 02:48 PM   #41
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
Yes, because it's wrong. First of all, "style of statues" has nothing to do with wether they will achieve a good actor's likeness. How can you even expect that? There's no reason for it since you don't know who'll be sculpting and painting, is that really so hard to understand? Maybe they hired KA Kim then this will be better than anything Sideshow/PCS have ever done. But if they hire me it will look more like Ozzy than Kate. Get it now?
Even though companies employ different sculptors, etc. the final product will pass through a sign off process. It's that filter which defines a companies "style"......because that process will enable certain aspects, and certain other aspects will be rejected.

This use of the word style is very loose - but it simply describes that "something" - about a statue or product, that when an experienced collector sees it, they are able to guess right away which company might have produced it.

Quote:
Got Tourette? No? then stop calling me an idiot, jackass! The fact alone that you have to call me that speaks volumes of that you don't know how to interact with people and 90% of your post here are BS! Maybe you're the idiot if you don't understand what's obvious. If you "detest" every single of their hundres of products with their wide range of genres and licenses then you are bats! P1/Blitzway have some great actor likenesses so they're hyper-real in that regard. Maybe you connect that expression just to silicone though? But then again, JND uses silicone but fail to get likeness right. So they're just hyper-real in terms of material used.
First of all, I apologize for calling you an idiot.

Second of all, I don't need to justify or explain my dislike for P1. It's enough for you to understand that this is my opinion and how I feel. It doesn't need to make sense to you. The only reason I even shared that point with you, was because you challenged me for "failing" to mention the company in my statement.

Thirdly, how is it that you're (somehow) triggered by my dislike of P1 - yet, you're hasty to tell me how much you disregard JND or Queen? Should I now get as triggered as you because you don't like the companies I like?.....

Quote:
See atop. They do make sense, not my problem if you don't get it. I never said you can't compare but there's nothing here to compare yet.
Sorry? I quoted your statement twice. That's literally what you wrote.

Quote:
True, just like every convo that you are part of!
Well, there's a simple solution I guess
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:00 PM   #42
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
[...]
I guess this whole conversation is (another) perfect example of talking past each other. Let's just leave it that way and not spam this thread anymore with unnecessary stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
First of all, I apologize for calling you an idiot.
Dito and accepted.
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:12 PM   #43
Yamato
Justice League

This is a license I?ve wanted a lot, but PCS is probably going to be a no for making this at a very high level.

I hope my doubts are wrong.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:02 PM   #44
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I guess this whole conversation is (another) perfect example of talking past each other. Let's just leave it that way and not spam this thread anymore with unnecessary stuff

Dito and accepted.
I wouldn't bother with him. He's an enormous hypocrite. He calls you an idiot, and then cries in other threads about people who resort to name calling.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:15 PM   #45
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder which sculptor PCS tasked with the task of Selene?
Matt Black?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:26 PM   #46
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Oh boy, Santanico Pandemonium Another dream piece for sure!
If this piece is ever done, they need a great sculptor like Mark Newman, a great painter ( Nathan Eakins) painted the prototype Dejah and it was out of this world great, and lastly, they need it produced in the best factory possible, Hyper realistic or whatever term you wanna use, I'd rather pay double for perfection, they half for something that doesn't live up to the prototype, I know some people disagree with that, but for a me personally, this would be a grail piece ( Salma holding the snake) and that's how I feel, Aaliyah as Akasha could also be one if it was done right, Selene will be popular I'm sure, not my personal favorite, but I'm interested to see what they have in mind for her
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:13 PM   #47
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Please let it be just like the poster (and nail the portrait). So iconic!

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:29 PM   #48
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I wouldn't bother with him. He's an enormous hypocrite. He calls you an idiot, and then cries in other threads about people who resort to name calling.
I could have gone on but it was best to draw the line there before it escalated^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
If this piece is ever done, they need a great sculptor like Mark Newman, a great painter ( Nathan Eakins) painted the prototype Dejah and it was out of this world great, and lastly, they need it produced in the best factory possible, Hyper realistic or whatever term you wanna use, I'd rather pay double for perfection, they half for something that doesn't live up to the prototype, I know some people disagree with that, but for a me personally, this would be a grail piece ( Salma holding the snake) and that's how I feel, Aaliyah as Akasha could also be one if it was done right, Selene will be popular I'm sure, not my personal favorite, but I'm interested to see what they have in mind for her
I know exactly what you?re talking about. There?s these one, two or even a handful of pieces that every collector would die for and of course you want them in the best possible quality and you?d pay way more than for the average collectible. For me, for example, these are Madonna (unfortunately never gonna happen lol), Lady Gaga (that actually could happen with her being in Joker 2), Kate Beckinsale, Uma Thurman (Kill Bill) and Elvira.
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:55 PM   #49
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

KiDDo, you never know, all it takes is one studio to get interested in a character and any you named could happen, PCS seems to be one of those companies willing to take chances, so it never hurts to throw out a wish list, maybe someone should start a wishlist thread here on the PCS page
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 04:14 AM   #50
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Matt Black?
Has Matt Black ever sculpted anything for PCS in the past, as i don't think so.

Maybe Mark Newman got the job?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote