Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Comic Book Company
DC Comics 6 31.58%
Marvel Comics 8 42.11%
Image Comics 4 21.05%
Top Cow 0 0%
IDW Publishing 0 0%
BOOM! Studios 0 0%
Dark Horse 0 0%
Valiant Comics 0 0%
Oni Press 0 0%
Dynamite Entertainment 1 5.26%
Archie Comics 0 0%
Zenescope 0 0%
Aspen Comics 0 0%
Devil's Due Studios 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Your Favorite Comic Book Company

Which one is your favorite and why ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 03:41 PM   #2
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Mine is DC Comics because Batman is my favorite character. My place is Batman's side. I came to love everything about DC Universe as i read and learned more about DC in the last 20 years, thanks to Batman.

edit------

Oh ! that is not true...

I don't like Bat-Mite and Bat Cow... lol
Old 04-09-2023, 04:38 PM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

DC-I only really ever read DC or Marvel and I always was more of a DC person.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:32 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

ive been getting away from the big two lately, image and self published books have been where its at for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:35 PM   #5
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Marvel and Dark Horse, because Star Wars
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 09:07 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Marvel. As a gawky, introverted kid growing up in the ‘60s and ‘70s, I related better to characters like Spider-Man, The Thing and The X-Men. Even Thor, a handsome Nordic god, had problems that were relatable. Plus the personalities and stories felt more relatable and more grounded. I also felt like I was part of the club, that Stan spoke directly to me in his letters pages and Bullpen Bulletins, and in his Stan’s Soapbox editorials. Marvel is a big part of my childhood and teen years and, so, a big part of who I am now.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 03:06 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Marvel. As a gawky, introverted kid growing up in the ?60s and ?70s, I related better to characters like Spider-Man, The Thing and The X-Men. Even Thor, a handsome Nordic god, had problems that were relatable. Plus the personalities and stories felt more relatable and more grounded. I also felt like I was part of the club, that Stan spoke directly to me in his letters pages and Bullpen Bulletins, and in his Stan?s Soapbox editorials. Marvel is a big part of my childhood and teen years and, so, a big part of who I am now.
That is very interesting because almost all of the American comic book readers who i have ever interacted with on the internet were complaining when the comic book is not bright and colorful and the hero must be happy go lucky. I hear why Batman is not happy all the time complain alot from Americans... And i am a Batman guy because Batman is such a downer (dark and brooding character) i mean i like that in a character. A good hero is a sad hero in my book, because life is miserable. But Americans don't think like that... As far as i can see. So you like Marvel because Marvel characters have so many relatable problems that ruin their lives and make them unhappy characters really got my interest. You are definetly in a minority as an American Comic Book reader.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:39 PM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That is very interesting because almost all of the American comic book readers who i have ever interacted with on the internet were complaining when the comic book is not bright and colorful and the hero must be happy go lucky. I hear why Batman is not happy all the time complain alot from Americans... And i am a Batman guy because Batman is such a downer (dark and brooding character) i mean i like that in a character. A good hero is a sad hero in my book, because life is miserable. But Americans don't think like that... As far as i can see. So you like Marvel because Marvel characters have so many relatable problems that ruin their lives and make them unhappy characters really got my interest. You are definetly in a minority as an American Comic Book reader.
Actually, not to disagree with your interactions and experiences with American comic book readers, but I disagree that I?m in the minority. Marvel is the world?s largest comic book publisher because their characters are more relatable and human vs DC Comics. Marvel heroes have problems, whether Spider-Man can?t pay the rent or has a deathly sick Aunt, Tony Stark has a heart condition, The Thing is a homely man despite his heart of gold, or the X-Men are outcasts because they were born different (pick your minority group for this allegory, they abound). Everyone I know, and based on the Marvel Comics? letters pages I?ve read for decades, loves these characters (both heroes and villains like Doctor Doom or The Green Goblin) due to their very relatable and human characteristics.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 03:56 PM   #9
qz33
Rescue

For me the answer depends on the time period.
TMNT got me into comics, the TMNT Adventures published by Archie. Then I found Mirage and for years that was all I read.
Then Batman took over the world.

Then there was a time when all the best artists were with new companies so I lump Image/Top Cow and IDW all together whether they like it or not and I bought a lot of their books.

Overall and the one I know the most about Marvel. Not because I relate to the characters but because their lives are fleshed out beyond just trying to save/take over the world. That and their crossovers. Having so many books all telling the same story is fun.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #10
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Image... I've always loved the variety of stories and genres they produce.

I do have to admit that over the past few years, Marvel has been a close second. Mostly due to their Krakoa/mutant X-books revitalization.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote