Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-19-2023, 10:21 PM   #1
craigcliff1
Zot

Sideshow 30 days inspection policy

I just get about a statue a year so out of practice with doing inspections not something I find fun anymore, I got this on the 20th and do I have to the 20th or today. to inspect. Not really in mood to inspect it tonight. In 17 years boggles my mind I don't know this.
Did SSC start from 2st or the 20th. I remember years ago found out I had 2 statues that forgot for like many months, was worked up about that, thankfully they were like new, for me rare that I get an issue with SSC or any company pieces, but statues do break.
Thanks
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:32 PM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

April has 30 days so from April 20th as the 1st day until tomorrow May 20th would be 30 days but then including April 20th as that 1st day then today would be 30 days it was in your possession and tomorrow would be the 31st day MAYBE past the guarantee up to them and could change depending on who gets your customer service issue.

Either way if you have a problem or think you'd might I'd get on it ASAP like right now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:49 PM   #3
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I've had luck after 32 days before.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 12:21 AM   #4
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I just get about a statue a year so out of practice with doing inspections not something I find fun anymore, I got this on the 20th and do I have to the 20th or today. to inspect. Not really in mood to inspect it tonight. In 17 years boggles my mind I don't know this.
Did SSC start from 2st or the 20th. I remember years ago found out I had 2 statues that forgot for like many months, was worked up about that, thankfully they were like new, for me rare that I get an issue with SSC or any company pieces, but statues do break.
Thanks
Honestly I would inspect as soon as possible. I generally open within a few hours of receiving but I also WFH. Also take pictures of everything anymore so they there's no chance of them denying a claim. A photo of the box exterior, a photo of the parts in the styrofoam, then a photo of damaged parts if you have them.

For whatever reason every other statue I receive from them anymore is a box comprised of returned parts. It's literally been every other statue. Could be coincidence, could be the factory doing this to salvage damaged parts, idk. But it's annoying as f. They will not give you replacement parts outside of the return window. That used to be an exception but this is not the case anymore.

Inspect asap, and if it's a recently waitlisted item or a low-stock item get on their a-- immediately or they'll say they can't do anything but a return/refund. Even though I'm sick to death of ordering from them, they do follow their script and will make you whole if you hold up your end of the obligation upon receipt.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 01:45 AM   #5
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Honestly I would inspect as soon as possible. I generally open within a few hours of receiving but I also WFH. Also take pictures of everything anymore so they there's no chance of them denying a claim. A photo of the box exterior, a photo of the parts in the styrofoam, then a photo of damaged parts if you have them.

For whatever reason every other statue I receive from them anymore is a box comprised of returned parts. It's literally been every other statue. Could be coincidence, could be the factory doing this to salvage damaged parts, idk. But it's annoying as f. They will not give you replacement parts outside of the return window. That used to be an exception but this is not the case anymore.

Inspect asap, and if it's a recently waitlisted item or a low-stock item get on their a-- immediately or they'll say they can't do anything but a return/refund. Even though I'm sick to death of ordering from them, they do follow their script and will make you whole if you hold up your end of the obligation upon receipt.

My fingers start to itch once I receive a desired piece, and I usually open as soon as possible. If I don't, it usually means I should've never had gone through with the purchase and that I've just flushed good money down the toilet.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:10 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

I open my statues within 5 minutes of taking delivery. I have no choice, if only to inspect for breakages,
wonky eyes, and making sure everything fits together.
Only then can i relax, and get on with my day anxiety free

Currently i have my Sideshow Collectibles Zatanna set up for 30 days, to make sure no leaning occurs. So far so good
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:40 AM   #7
SDguy

I have friends (they are here and they know who they are) that will bug me daily any time I've tried to delay opening up a new statue
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 07:28 PM   #8
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Thanks

I usually go with the date when Reward Points matures. Reward Points matures 40 days after your statue is delivered. Minus 10 days from that to know when your 30 Day return/exchange window is up.

Go to your SSC account. Go to "Your Rewards" page and look at the list of "Pending Rewards". Per order number, it gives you a date when the Reward Points matures. You can never go wrong with those dates. It even gives you a cut-off time (usually 11:59pm PST) on that date.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 12:03 AM   #9
craigcliff1
Zot

Thanks a lot all of you I did it on the 20ths, and was like new, not a thing to complain about. SSC gets attacked a lot but out of 150 SSC statues or so I have had few that had anything. Id chat with them but Chat doesn't show up when I go there. Don't have a phone, don't want one.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 12:13 AM   #10
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Thanks a lot all of you I did it on the 20ths, and was like new, not a thing to complain about. SSC gets attacked a lot but out of 150 SSC statues or so I have had few that had anything. Id chat with them but Chat doesn't show up when I go there. Don't have a phone, don't want one.

Sound like an older gentleman I know.

I've had a mobile phone since 1995. Don't remember never having one.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote