Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2023, 08:21 PM   #31
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Great band. Cool bust. Expensive for what it is but its cool.

Their best album is Brave New World. Sorry boomers, it is what it is.
I am inclined to agree. The Nomad being one of my favorite track in the album.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:39 PM   #32
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I am inclined to agree. The Nomad being one of my favorite track in the album.
you wouldnt believe the arguments I have gotten in over this. You have good taste.

Their Classic records and Classic singles are legendary but for me I think Brave New World was them in peak form. I think its their most accessible record as well. They have a specific sound especially their classic records that isnt for everyone, this record was different. Return of Bruce, Adrian ...6 piece band with 3 guitarists ...they were out to prove something with this record and they did.

I LOVE Blood Brothers. Special song for me. Possibly one of my favorite songs, its soooooooooooo beautiful around the 3 minute mark - on. A guitar masterclass Nomad kicks ass. When that song slows down around 4:40 ...sweeps you away in a beautiful melodic trance and there isnt much else like it. Last track : Thin Line Between Love and Hate is also just magical. First time I heard Wickerman I was like YES!!!!!! Title track kicks ass...Everything in between also kicks ass no not any real slouches on this record. To me it seems it was their homecoming record.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 09:51 PM   #33
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
you wouldnt believe the arguments I have gotten in over this. You have good taste.

Their Classic records and Classic singles are legendary but for me I think Brave New World was them in peak form. I think its their most accessible record as well. They have a specific sound especially their classic records that isnt for everyone, this record was different. Return of Bruce, Adrian ...6 piece band with 3 guitarists ...they were out to prove something with this record and they did.

I LOVE Blood Brothers. Special song for me. Possibly one of my favorite songs, its soooooooooooo beautiful around the 3 minute mark - on. A guitar masterclass Nomad kicks ass. When that song slows down around 4:40 ...sweeps you away in a beautiful melodic trance and there isnt much else like it. Last track : Thin Line Between Love and Hate is also just magical. First time I heard Wickerman I was like YES!!!!!! Title track kicks ass...Everything in between also kicks ass no not any real slouches on this record. To me it seems it was their homecoming record.

Brave New World was actually the album that got me into Maiden, it was only then that I really explored their back catalog. I fully concur with your thoughts on those tracks...the instrumental sections there are some of the best they've ever done. I'm glad you brought up Thin Line Between Love And Hate...underrated, and the last line that Bruce belts out, just dripping with emotion.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:13 PM   #34
BurningRage
Inhumans

850 es for the pf
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:35 PM   #35
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
850 es for the pf
Not bad for the current market. I only ordered the bust so I'm curious what that will clock in at.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:47 AM   #36
jmh493
Doh!

Love this piece

Last edited by jmh493; 12-02-2023 at 12:54 AM. Reason: ..
jmh493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:53 AM   #37
jmh493
Doh!

Quote:
Great band. Cool bust. Expensive for what it is but its cool.

Their best album is Brave New World. Sorry boomers, it is what it is.

It WOULD BE a brain dead millennial to think a band, that were ALREADY LEGENDS by the time the album THEY are claiming is their best was released, would think the album that came out in THEIR era is the best. Totally disregarding the fact that the albums that made them legends came BEFORE the brain dead millennial was born �� ��

Last edited by jmh493; 12-02-2023 at 12:55 AM. Reason: ..
jmh493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:46 PM   #38
bruiser72
Sinister Six

Surprised to find no posts on the trooper, got mine beginning of this week, I will unbox this weekend
bruiser72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 11:13 PM   #39
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser72 View Post
Surprised to find no posts on the trooper, got mine begging of this week, I will unbox this weekend
It looks great, definitely like to see in hand pictures \m/
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 06:30 PM   #40
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Got the processing soon email for the Powerslave bust, and the unboxing vid went up today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8h_cRVUtCY