Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Keith Kopinski

Old 08-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
man that turned out killer Kieth. looks like you got use to the digital medium very quickly..a natural born digital sculptor.
do you think you'll ever do a partial digital and then finish it off traditionally to get the best of both worlds? ill be looking forward to more of your work in this medium in the future man.
another superb sculpt from one of the very best.
Thanks so much...

To answer your question... I honestly I have no idea what they hell my workflow will be like now. Two years ago I said "NEVER" and now this program has turned my world upside down. I can sculpt a head to a point where it meets my standards in a day digitally, and in wax I putz for a week. So it's hard to say... as a freelance sculptor you fight with the concept of wanting to "create by hand" vs. "time is money."

I had to make changes this week to a piece I can't talk about yet... basically overhauling the entire head to reflect a specific style. I literally saved a copy of the file, blew out the original head, and 1.5 hours later had a good jump on the stylized head.

In wax that might have made me pee myself and forget my name for a half hour before I even plugged the wax pen in.

So for now I'm happy to be sculpting.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
JetFire76
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

D*mn Keith... not too blow anymore sunshine up your you know what... but man.. you truly are a source of inspiration!!

It's been saddening yet very cool to see you make this transition to digital.

This sculpt is truly amazing... like I said before... had you just shown the final product, I would not have known that this was a digital sculpt and would have assumed it was tradtionally sculpted.

I bow before thee!
JetFire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Thanks so much...

To answer your question... I honestly I have no idea what they hell my workflow will be like now. Two years ago I said "NEVER" and now this program has turned my world upside down. I can sculpt a head to a point where it meets my standards in a day digitally, and in wax I putz for a week. So it's hard to say... as a freelance sculptor you fight with the concept of wanting to "create by hand" vs. "time is money."

I had to make changes this week to a piece I can't talk about yet... basically overhauling the entire head to reflect a specific style. I literally saved a copy of the file, blew out the original head, and 1.5 hours later had a good jump on the stylized head.

In wax that might have made me pee myself and forget my name for a half hour before I even plugged the wax pen in.

So for now I'm happy to be sculpting.
well i guess you found out to never say never huh?..lol yeah i can imagine it has turned your world upside down. and thats the great thing about the digital realm. you can always save your work if you have to start over. compared to traditional, its either refine or adjust what you have or start the whole lengthy process all over again. and yeah, the time it takes to do it digitally is a fraction of what it takes doing it traditionally.

yeah i understand what your saying about wanting to "create by hand" vs. "time is money." thats one of the reasons why i was asking you if you were going to do both. ruff it out digitally and then finish it off traditionally. that way you can have the best of both worlds. and you can refine it by hand to your exact specifications.

i also understand that it takes great skill and knowledge as an artist to be able to create or sculpt something by hand..i know a lot of people think anyone can just pick up Zbrush or what have you and be able to start sculpting something phenomenal or like a pro. i dont think that is the case. i think you still have to have that artistic vision and know how to be able to create or sculpt something digitally.
its obvious your a great artist. becasue it shows.

well man im glad you back to work..becasue the sculpting world definitely needs you and your pieces in it man.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
Juggernaut
The Falcon

That came out realy nice!

digital sculpts keep gaining my respect.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote