Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #731
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

the only time I think that this Zatanna costume was ever done was the first round of JLA mini busts that DC did in the mid 2000 where they all had rocks as a base. Other than that it was always the top hat costume.

The only thing that bothered me about that costume was the crab on her head. I do think that it would be good to see both versions done but I am sure we will get the top hat version first.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:35 PM   #732
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 AM   #733
mmk123

thanks for posting those Gothamite. I used to have those years ago and forgot how many they did (still have the Black Canary one). It was a shame that they did not finish the rest of the Satellite Era JLA.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #734
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Always wanted to get the JSA bookends but never can find one at a price I can live with.

• JSA BOOKENDS (2001)
• MANUFACTURED BY DC DIRECT
• SCULPTOR: WILLIAM PAQUET
• LIMITED TO 1000 PIECES WORLDWIDE
• INCLUDES ORIGINAL BOX
• PRICE: SGD$400
• DESCRIPTION:
They were the world's first super-team...the Golden Age's Justice Society of America. Now this team of heroes comes to life in these Bookends, a graphic re-creation of the classic cover of ALL-STAR COMICS #3, the 1941 comic that featured their first appearance as a team. The Bookends, sculpted by William Paquet, feature the heroes seated around the conference table in their headquarters with The Flash, The Spectre, The Atom and Sandman on one side (measuring approximately 6.5" high x 6.75" deep x 6" wide) and Hawkman, Green Lantern, Dr. Fate and Hourman on the other (measuring approximately 7.5" high x 6.75" deep x 6" wide).
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #735
JerrySmith
Fantastic Four

On the surface those were cool, but it reminds me that William Paquet was the worst sculptor to ever work on superheroes in the history of superhero sculpture. It's cool because it's the JSA, but that is really some awful art. Sorry, getting off topic!
JerrySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #736
mmk123

There was one of these on Ebay and the seller was asking over $500.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:55 PM   #737
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySmith View Post
On the surface those were cool, but it reminds me that William Paquet was the worst sculptor to ever work on superheroes in the history of superhero sculpture. It's cool because it's the JSA, but that is really some awful art. Sorry, getting off topic!
Yeah, WAY off topic. While you’re entitled to your opinion, insulting another artist and their work on this forum in this manner is NOT tolerated.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:13 PM   #738
JerrySmith
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, WAY off topic. While you’re entitled to your opinion, insulting another artist and their work on this forum in this manner is NOT tolerated.
Fair enough. You can remove the post, and this one, if it helps. I'm usually the most civil person on the Internet, but art tends to bring out strong opinions in people. It was certainly nothing personal, just art that has always struck me the wrong way. Thanks for the warning, I'll be less harsh in future criticism.
JerrySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #739
BabySweat
Kindly Asked To Leave

Strong opinions are allowed but Strong opinions on art/artist isn't allowed? *Rollseyes*

Anyway.... tweeterhead, can you confirm Batman's cape is PVC? Will this be the new normal going forward for "dramatic" capes?
BabySweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:54 AM   #740
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
Strong opinions are allowed but Strong opinions on art/artist isn't allowed? *Rollseyes*
Strong opinions are fine, as long as you keep it respectful.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote