Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #201
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

If this is the same scale as the Wonder Woman v Serpents piece then this is quite small in comparison to the Sideshow Dioramas. Particularly the earlier releases from Martin Canale and Pablo V. I would gladly pay DC $300 for a Sideshow scale Dio but if they were ever to release that scale expect to pay closer to $400. DC = Too Small + Overpriced.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #202
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I have yet to get this dio but I can almost guarantee the scale will be bigger then that of the SS punisher vs daredevil dio. Maybe in the old days the marvel SS dios would dwarf the DC dios, but these days not so much (I have 5 marvel sideshow dioramas and at least 5 dc dios so im not just talkin out my arse) SS dios continue to get smaller and smaller with each release
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #203
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Can you post a picture of this side by side with Hulk v Spidey or Dracula v Blade?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #204
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd say the earlier SS dios like The X-Men Vs Sentinel, Blade Vs Dracula, Hulk Vs Spidey, Cap Vs RS and Thor Vs Loki were all around 1/9 - 1/10 scale.

The latest SS dios - Punisher Vs DD, Spiral Vs Psylocke, Hulk Vs SS seem to be closer to 1/11 - 1/12 scale.

The DC Versus line in comparison seems to be in line with what SS is currently releasing. 1/11 - 1/12 scale.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #205
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Actually the SS dios are supposed to be 1/7th scale.

DC are probably 1/11 -1/12.

Don't get me wrong these are beautifully sculpted pieces but for me too small. I am sure there are many collectors very happy with them.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #206
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd say the earlier SS dios like The X-Men Vs Sentinel, Blade Vs Dracula, Hulk Vs Spidey, Cap Vs RS and Thor Vs Loki were all around 1/9 - 1/10 scale.

The latest SS dios - Punisher Vs DD, Spiral Vs Psylocke, Hulk Vs SS seem to be closer to 1/11 - 1/12 scale.

The DC Versus line in comparison seems to be in line with what SS is currently releasing. 1/11 - 1/12 scale.
naw man, the cap vs red skull dio is as big as my bowen cap so that dio is easily 1/6 - 1/7 scale

i'd say most dc dios are 1/8 - 1/9 scale
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #207
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I dunno. I have all the original SS dios and for a time had them mixed with my Bowen FS & MB collection and while they were close in scale they still seemed just a tad smaller than most of those pieces.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #208
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I dunno. I have all the original SS dios and for a time had them mixed with my Bowen FS & MB collection and while they were close in scale they still seemed just a tad smaller than most of those pieces.
yeah bowen is usually 1/6, the earlier ss dios are the same size (talking character only) or a little smaller so as Bulls said, they are likely 1/7 scale (or at least they were) these days they are the same as DC so i'd say 1/9 scale (actually I think the superman and wonder woman on my ww vs superman dc dio are actually bigger then the punisher and daredevil on that ss dio) I really hope SS starts making big dios again, I have my fingers crossed that the iron man vs namor dio will be 1/7th
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #209
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

The Batman in this piece is about the same exact size as my Logan I did for Bowen. I don't own anty SS dio's for size comparison.

more pictures at
http://www.myspace.com/villafanestudios
Ray Villafane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #210
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Fantastic job on this Ray. Just wish DC would make these aliitle bigger. Are you still with DC or are you working with SS?