Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #131
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Let's see more of your collection I always get glimpses but have never seen it all
It was dusting day today so I took a quick group photo for you dude (you can see a few more pieces in the back). I used to have quite a few Sideshow pieces ranging from PFs to Comiquettes to Legendary Scale Busts, but I ended up selling a lot of what I had to gain some pieces from GG and others. I couldn't be happier with the collection I have currently going for me. I think I'm down to three pieces left from SS. I still want to pick up a few pieces from them, but the ones I'm looking for are from their golden age. I love diversity in my collection. Sideshow is prolly the last company that I'll ever buy from. There's just too much good stuff from other vendors now. They've all pretty much shoved SS right down to the bottom of my want list.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #132
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxplee View Post
LoL. Ive gotten more broken statues from gentle giant than Sideshow by far.Sucker punch Samuri broken in center/gas mask hose broken on Zombie Sucker Punch.\Broken Helmut straps Sweet Pea/Artemisia broken hair/black widow broken gun holsters.But I digress.There was a question why has this statue not sold out yet with such a low ES.and I am tempted to buy it from spec.But for the fact I already have 1 statue that over the years have continued to lean do to gravity and is polystone. 2 scews in the foot does make me leary of buying it.And thx for the photos gagaliya
leaning only happens if the company takes shortcuts and does not reinforce the pressure point with metal rod. Many of sideshow's statues lean over time due to those poor construction quality like death lsf, ring wraith on horse etc..all expensive pieces as well sadly.

Polystone is not a very hard material, and without reinforcement, it cannot withstand the weight of a full statue over time, sideshow could careless, as by that time, it's after their warranty period.

Gentle giant if you notice, does not just use a peg, it is screwed inside, into 2 reinforced holes (pain to install, but very secure once done). I will happily take your bet that my iron patriot will not lean after however many years.

The broken parts is not really relevant for the lean issue, as those are packaging/shipping related. I haven't had any broken pieces from gg, bought almost all their 1/4 pieces except the samurai, and never had an issue with it arriving broken.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #133
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
It was dusting day today so I took a quick group photo for you dude (you can see a few more pieces in the back). I used to have quite a few Sideshow pieces ranging from PFs to Comiquettes to Legendary Scale Busts, but I ended up selling a lot of what I had to gain some pieces from GG and others. I couldn't be happier with the collection I have currently going for me. I think I'm down to three pieces left from SS. I still want to pick up a few pieces from them, but the ones I'm looking for are from their golden age. I love diversity in my collection. Sideshow is prolly the last company that I'll ever buy from. There's just too much good stuff from other vendors now. They've all pretty much shoved SS right down to the bottom of my want list.

nice collection must be quite a workout moving them all to the coffee table for dusting.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 AM   #134
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
nice collection must be quite a workout moving them all to the coffee table for dusting.
Haha, thanks dude. It's normally not that bad of a workout, because I do one shelf at a time, but this time I took them all down at once and placed them on my coffee table to give FastballSpecial a shot of it all grouped together.

Your post #132 was a great post by the way.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #135
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I wasn't going to get this, but got a smoking great deal on eBay, even better than what BBTS was clearing these out for. Any issues I should be aware of?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #136
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I wasn't going to get this, but got a smoking great deal on eBay, even better than what BBTS was clearing these out for. Any issues I should be aware of?
You shouldn't have any problems with it. I haven't read or heard one complaint other than the usual, "I hate the clear base bro." The only problem I can think of is if you can't adjust your brain to the acrylic base it comes with. Another thing to remember is that these GG statues aren't meant to display alongside pieces from Sideshow or XM (for example). I believe that's why a lot of collectors end up selling theirs. They have so many years of collecting, say Sideshow, so they impulse buy this based on good reviews, positive comments, and/or good in-hand photos. Then they realize it just doesn't jive with their Sideshow stuff and decide to move it...at a loss sometimes too. If you own any other 1/4 scale stuff from GG, then you should be happy with this one when you get it. However, if you're not the mix & match type of collector and this turns out to be your only GG statue, it might not be for you in the end. Congrats on your inexpensive new score.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:46 AM   #137
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Thanks AlizAbeth, this wound up being a b-day gift to myself, arriving today (the only thing I got...), anyway, I think it's a bloody brilliant piece, was a bit of a pita screwing it into the base though. I am not that fussy about scale, but I see what you mean, it's not to the same 1/4 as SS, a little smaller. The plate it's on, I've thought about painting at some point. Give it a little dimension. The light up is pretty great too, and the shading around the panels is more subdued than I was expecting. I think the only other GG piece I have is Vaders little princess, but I'm highly impressed with this.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #138
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Thanks AlizAbeth, this wound up being a b-day gift to myself, arriving today (the only thing I got...), anyway, I think it's a bloody brilliant piece, was a bit of a pita screwing it into the base though. I am not that fussy about scale, but I see what you mean, it's not to the same 1/4 as SS, a little smaller. The plate it's on, I've thought about painting at some point. Give it a little dimension. The light up is pretty great too, and the shading around the panels is more subdued than I was expecting. I think the only other GG piece I have is Vaders little princess, but I'm highly impressed with this.
It's really well done. You can go to a hobby shop and come up with some really cool ways to customize the base.
I love the light up feature. Both hands light up. Just a nice touch. Grats.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote