Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2024, 07:26 PM   #21
DevGuy
The Spirit

I’m glad I passed on this range. The likeness on each portrait in the line feels off to me. I still think Weta do it better though they aren’t perfect.

Love the P1 Boromir pose/scene here though.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:52 PM   #22
Thor57
Teen Titans

This line was what I looked forward to the most, and this line, and Prime 1 in general has caused me to give up on the hobby. My Aragorn after months of having it, separated at the hands holding the handle of his sword, and now there is a noticable gap there. And when I FINALLY got my Legolas, which has a low edition number, I opened it to find a powdery substance all over the body from what seemed to be from the neck area I think. I didnt investigate to much as I was so discouraged I just put it back in the F'n box and walked away from it. Havent even put it all together yet. Top that off with their corrupt practice of either paying their inflated and unnecessary shipping prices, or order from one of their distributors for a discounted shipping rate but wait 1-3 years after release before you get the piece.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:12 PM   #23
Asuka
Fantastic Four

This line's portraits are very much like their Justice League line. They really should just hire Blitzway to do all of their face sculpts.
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:24 PM   #24
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
This line's portraits are very much like their Justice League line. They really should just hire Blitzway to do all of their face sculpts.
I haven't been super impressed with any of their colab pieces either though.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 04:46 AM   #25
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I haven't been super impressed with any of their colab pieces either though.
Not even this?

Spoiler
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 01:24 PM   #26
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Not even this?

Spoiler
That one is good, but also easier to get the likeness right with a mask. Had they done a full head sculpt and nailed it then well...
Old 02-24-2024, 03:36 PM   #27
Cmac
Mephisto

I actually thought about getting this line and was a little excited about it. Then, people received Aragorn only to find that the base had been painted incorrectly. I lost interest at that point.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that their DC pieces might be done at a different factory because their quality control seems to be much better (not saying it is awesome - just better than their other non-DC releases).
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:01 PM   #28
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I actually thought about getting this line and was a little excited about it. Then, people received Aragorn only to find that the base had been painted incorrectly. I lost interest at that point.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that their DC pieces might be done at a different factory because their quality control seems to be much better (not saying it is awesome - just better than their other non-DC releases).
They use a lot of factories. It is a shame they burned a lot of them over the years or they would have more options to use some of the better ones.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:42 PM   #29
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They use a lot of factories. It is a shame they burned a lot of them over the years or they would have more options to use some of the better ones.
I never heard anything about them screwing over factories. Do you have info on this? Just curious about it.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:06 AM   #30
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I never heard anything about them screwing over factories. Do you have info on this? Just curious about it.
Yea, they screwed over anyone they could in the early years including artists. As far as the factories, they would do big orders then if the preorders didn't sell well, they would just QC nitpick the factory to death and not accept half or more of a run and leave them on the hook for those pieces. Shady stuff like that. Many refuse to work with them now.