Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

What to do now???--Statue Sale/Trade gone wrong!!

Guys,

I need your help...I recently sold a Predator 1 Dio to someone on this board. I was also supposed to get a statue in return to cover some of the funds for the Predator statue. ( I will not mention the persons name yet as I need to hear his side first on reason he declined it this time) I shipped it to Canada (As Gift) using UPS on the 23rd of last month. Day after he paid. Here is what happend so far according to UPS.

Here is the tracking info from UPS ----

Concord, ON, Canada 01/06/2011 1:05 P.M.
The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / UPS will contact the sender and/or receiver regarding the status or disposition of this package.
Concord, ON, Canada 01/05/2011 4:0
1 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. / Delivery rescheduled.
Concord, ON, Canada 12/31/2010 6:27 P.M.
The customer was not available on 3rd attempt. / Undeliverable international shipment. UPS is obtaining further instructions or approval for return shipment.
12/31/2010 3:22 P.M. The driver was unable to collect funds on the 3rd delivery attempt.
Concord, ON, Canada 12/30/2010 3:19 P.M. The customer was not available on the 2nd attempt. A 3rd attempt will be made.
Concord, ON, Canada 12/29/2010 6:23 P.M.
The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.

Also When I asked about a tracking # for the Statue that was to be sent to me I never got one, still Til this day nothing, and I asked more then once. He Said he did not have it at the time, and had to look for it. I figured no big deal as guy has been a member here since 05. But now UPS is calling me and said if I want my Statue back I have to pay Duties, Fees and Shipping Again because it's in Canada now. Person paid me $150 for statue and it's costing me about $120 in total in all costs shipping back and forth. Really a Royal pain in the A$$ this whole situation.

What should I do..I have like a day to Decide. And I do not want to lose my statue, especially since I fear the one I was to get in return was never even shipped.
Also since he used paypal to pay me I do not want to get screwed if he decides to put in for a refund. Since he never got said item.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

he prob didn't wanna pay the taxes & stuff on it
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
he prob didn't wanna pay the taxes & stuff on it
You pay $150 and say you shipped and item and after all that you decide not pay taxes/duties to get your statue? That would be Dumb, Especially since the taxes are around 25 bucks. I know since I have to pay them to get it back.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
You pay $150 and say you shipped and item and after all that you decide not pay taxes/duties to get your statue? That would be Dumb, Especially since the taxes are around 25 bucks. I know since I have to pay them to get it back.
maybe his wife found out about it? lol
Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I think that is very poor form of the buyer and I'm surprised it's someone from this forum who's been here since 05 (unless he only has 10 posts). But if he's a regular may be time to let everyone know.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I think that is very poor form of the buyer and I'm surprised it's someone from this forum who's been here since 05 (unless he only has 10 posts). But if he's a regular may be time to let everyone know.
No he is a Regular and A Seller as well on here...Why I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'd get the statue returned to you and keep your outlay for it out of the money that they paid to you and only return the difference (if there is any).
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
ratchet
Mandarin

Hoo-Boy! Forum !

Seriously though - if you don't hear from him in a timely manner it's best to pay and get your statue back!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs down

Share with us his name!!

That's just not ok!
A mans word is his word!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Hoo-Boy! Forum !

Seriously though - if you don't hear from him in a timely manner it's best to pay and get your statue back!
Oh thats a Given! I am not losing a statue because someone might be playing games.
Closed Thread