Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
growler321
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

spray booth extractor fan ?

hi guys iv just received my compressor and air brushes and could'nt help myself having a quick play with them mainly to make sure they worked has they should and happy to say they work beautifully (and filled the room with a Lovely green mist lol). that brings me to my question i need a spray booth iv looked on ebay and the prices for the size seemed a bit high .i have all the materials to build my own except the fan what size/power would you guys recommend?.any help always appreciated ,
growler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler321 View Post
hi guys iv just received my compressor and air brushes and could'nt help myself having a quick play with them mainly to make sure they worked has they should and happy to say they work beautifully (and filled the room with a Lovely green mist lol). that brings me to my question i need a spray booth iv looked on ebay and the prices for the size seemed a bit high .i have all the materials to build my own except the fan what size/power would you guys recommend?.any help always appreciated ,

I had this problem mate, i just have a little set-up outside now.
GedTasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

im not sure on fans, but i dont think it really matters. Long as it sucks out the fumes and dust and you can live with the noise you will be fine.

just dont get one so powerful your statue gets sucked in. I know htere is plenty of youtube videos on how to build your own so should tell you what they use.

i got a few videos on the 30in one on my youtube channel that may or may not give you some help or ideas. cause i wanted to make my own but in the long run i just got one off amazon and modded it.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
growler321
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

thnx for the tips guys unfortunatly my garden has a huge tree that throws off lots of small seeds they get everywhere and would def stick to the sculpt when spraying but ty for the reply ged

thnx vince iv had an idea of using a cpl of bathroom extractors 6" and not very expensive so i could add more if needed .just checked your youtube channel and its just what iv been looking for. the tut on spraying cap marvel will be my goto vid now i will def be spending some time tomorow watching and rewatching those vids and the rest of the vids aswell nice 1 m8 really useful tut's ty
growler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I like the microlux spray booth I got from micromark.com
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote