Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #31
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I still think there is a bit of "cashing in" being done since these types of collectibles now have a much larger market with Comics and anything affiliated with them have become part of pop culture. You can't tell me the cost of producing a statue has gone up 60% in the last 3-5 years. Well you can tell me but I wouldn't believe you.
I don't think there is a single person on these boards that has claimed that not a single penny from the price increases is going towards higher profits. I certainly haven't seen any members claiming such a thing. What people have been stating is that there are a LOT of factors when it comes to overall pricing and none of the members on this board have any of the figures required to be able to figure out exactly where all of the money from the price increases is going.

Again cost of materials is just one piece of the pricing puzzle and there are lots of other pieces. In all honesty, total landed cost, especially for a company doing its manufacturing overseas, is a very complex topic. A lot of people clearly fail to realize all of the different costs that come into play when talking about the total cost to deliver a finished product to someone's door.

Just to name a few you have employee salaries for the company itself, healthcare costs for employees or any other benefits for employee's, overseas labor rates, currency exchange rates/foreign exchange rates, overseas shipping, inter-facility costs to ship products from ports to distribution points, the cost to run Sideshow itself (electricity, water, taxes, etc), and the list goes on and on.

Is some of the price increase going towards higher profits? I think that much is pretty much undeniable, but just how much of it is going towards higher profits is completely unknown and there is no way for people to find that information out, short of Sideshow coming out and releasing that information. So the entire topic is really just an exercise in futility as all your ever going to wind up with is pure speculation. All anyone can do is decide wether or not to buy a particular statue at a particular price point and each and every one of us does that with each statue we purchase.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote