Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #6521
xpl0sive
Justice League

Hi Jerry,

Any news on the Rambo 1/3 and when you might begin working on it?
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #6522
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.I just want to ask, when do you expect the 1/4 klassic Shao Kahn to ship?Also, can you say what the size of the display box for it will be?[height, length, depth in inches, please.]Cheers!
P.S, AWESOME job with the 1/3 Scorpion and Sub Zero statues also!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #6523
addic
The X-Men

Hi Jerry!

I would love to get some answers from you regarding the 1:3 ninjas:

1. What is the reason the prototypes look significantly different compared to the production pieces? They (the prototypes) look bulkier (especially the neck / head part, but also the chest / hip and the legs) and because of that they look more menacing in my opinion. It looks like especially the head sculpt did change. On top of that the hood of the production pieces looks more "slim fit" than it did on the prototypes.

2. Is it possible that Sub-Zero and Scorpion do have different neck parts (maybe because if the different direction in what they are facing)? Sub-Zeros neck obviously looks longer than Scorpions.

3. You said the fabric used on the production pieces is the same you were using on the prototypes. How come the fabric on the production pieces looks like having a different color and a subtle shimmer? Did they (the factory) treat the fabric in some kind of way?

4. Is Reptile getting produced in the same factory as Scorpion and Sub-Zero?

5. When do you expect to ship the Ninjas to US and EU customers?

6. Do you have an estimate when Reptile will be finished?

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer these questions. I would really appreciate it. Having all of them on PO and looking forward to them as my most anticipated pieces ever I would love to get your point of view.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #6524
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Hey Jerry, how much longer until we see the 1/3
Dredd?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #6525
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

What's the latest with all the figures? Seems like The Thing figures have been talked about for years and years and even shown but still nothing official.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #6526
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
What's the latest with all the figures? Seems like The Thing figures have been talked about for years and years and even shown but still nothing official.
Looks like the 12" are cancelled but we are still doing the 7"

The 12" market is currently collapsing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Jerry, how much longer until we see the 1/3
Dredd?
End of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
Hi Jerry!

I would love to get some answers from you regarding the 1:3 ninjas:

1. What is the reason the prototypes look significantly different compared to the production pieces? They (the prototypes) look bulkier (especially the neck / head part, but also the chest / hip and the legs) and because of that they look more menacing in my opinion. It looks like especially the head sculpt did change. On top of that the hood of the production pieces looks more "slim fit" than it did on the prototypes.

2. Is it possible that Sub-Zero and Scorpion do have different neck parts (maybe because if the different direction in what they are facing)? Sub-Zeros neck obviously looks longer than Scorpions.

3. You said the fabric used on the production pieces is the same you were using on the prototypes. How come the fabric on the production pieces looks like having a different color and a subtle shimmer? Did they (the factory) treat the fabric in some kind of way?

4. Is Reptile getting produced in the same factory as Scorpion and Sub-Zero?

5. When do you expect to ship the Ninjas to US and EU customers?

6. Do you have an estimate when Reptile will be finished?

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer these questions. I would really appreciate it. Having all of them on PO and looking forward to them as my most anticipated pieces ever I would love to get your point of view.
1/2. IMO they dont look significantly different from the prototypes. Its the same sculpt from the prototype and both Sub and Scorp are cast from the same base body mold. The heads are facing different directions so Sub might have a longer neck, but it would have been longer in the prototype as well.

The only real issue is some are trying to compare a badly photographed piece that was taken out of the box and not 'dressed' properly to a piece that was dressed by me using good photography.

You cant just take mixed media out of its box after traveling 7000 miles and expect it to look good. You need to fluff it up and dress it. You need to adjust the costume, pull up the shoulders, fluff up the pants. Adjust the collar. Etc.

3. Fabric is exactly the same. Anything you are seeing is due to lighting and, to be honest, people wanting to find faults.

4. Reptile is at another factory.

5. Our Ninjas havent arrived yet. Probably end of the month.

6. Late summer for Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.I just want to ask, when do you expect the 1/4 klassic Shao Kahn to ship?Also, can you say what the size of the display box for it will be?[height, length, depth in inches, please.]Cheers!
P.S, AWESOME job with the 1/3 Scorpion and Sub Zero statues also!
We havent been told the size of the box yet.

Summer is expected ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Hi Jerry,

Any news on the Rambo 1/3 and when you might begin working on it?
Should be showing it at Wondercon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortFuze View Post
So Jerry does this mean we could see a violent ken in the 1/4 MM line in the future?
If the Ultra sells well then we will consider a MM version but it will be two years aaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Are there any plans to show the 1/3 Chun-Li at WonderCon if everything goes smoothly?
Possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
Hey jerry any plans for more v trigger street fighter statues? I love most of the v trigger animations .. bison, juri, ken, akuma would all be amazing!
Yes but sales havent been the greatest so only doing a couple per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Was it mentioned already whether the set will get only one COA or each of the 3 Ryus will get his own? This is very important for me, because I just want the regular outfit and maybe (if we get her) the black from Chun-Li, but on the other hand I’d like the lowest ES-number as possible. So if de decision is to give the sets only one COA I'd just buy 1 (or 2) Chunners and if the set gets 3 separate COA's I'd buy the set.
I dont think its been 100% decided yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
Hi Jerry!

With Raiden (hopefully) arriving in your warehouse tomorrow...could you please provide us some pictures? As far as I know there never were any production pics or anything like that. I am dying to see how he turned out.

When do you expect him to get shipped out?

Thanks in advance!
We have to finish shipping Akuma/Hordak before there is room to start opening Raidens.

Probably a couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
Hi Jerry , I asked this question in the Chun Li thread. Not sure if you missed it.

Jerry is the costume being done in house for the proto or by the factory which will be making the production piece? The reason I ask is because if its being done by the factory now it will ensure that the statue we receive will come out just like the proto and also will save time later. Rather than searching for a factory later that will meet your standards. It would also be a waste to make the outfits on the protos look amazing but the final product we receive be anything less.

Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Her costume is very difficult to get to my standards. Thats the only thing holding it up BUT it will be worth it when done as its all beautifully embroidered.

No expense spared. I just hope everyone doesnt choke on the price.
We always prototype the costumes here. Factory cannot do it. They dont have the creative eye. They are good at matching, not designing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
It'd be Awesome to see some highend IMAGE Statues produced from PCS outside of the McFarlane Spawns like PITT, The Maxx, The Savage Dragon, Gen 13, BattleChasers, WildC.A.T.s, Youngblood,etc
It would be fun as I liked those characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShoryuken View Post
Hello,

How many 1/3 scale statues would we expect from you per year?
Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Would we see characters like Raiden, Kung Lao and Knightwolf eventually?

After seeing Akuma and the ninjas, this scale has my undivided attention so would love to know abit more about it.
Thankyou
2 SF 1:3 this year. Maybe one more MK 1:3

I can see Raiden 1:3 but not the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empracollector View Post
Hi Jerry would ikon (popculcha) Australia get any goros 1/3 for order?
Thats up to them. They dont often take the larger PCS Exclusives as they are too expensive.

However at msot I can give them 3 or 4 .
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #6527
SONICobra
Batman

hey jerry, do you think we might see something from the next 1/3 arnold statue this year? (hint, tease etc)

can you say what license / property its from?

ps. put me down for a pcs image line as well (1/4 scale)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #6528
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

1/2. IMO they dont look significantly different from the prototypes. Its the same sculpt from the prototype and both Sub and Scorp are cast from the same base body mold. The heads are facing different directions so Sub might have a longer neck, but it would have been longer in the prototype as well.

The only real issue is some are trying to compare a badly photographed piece that was taken out of the box and not 'dressed' properly to a piece that was dressed by me using good photography.

You cant just take mixed media out of its box after traveling 7000 miles and expect it to look good. You need to fluff it up and dress it. You need to adjust the costume, pull up the shoulders, fluff up the pants. Adjust the collar. Etc.

3. Fabric is exactly the same. Anything you are seeing is due to lighting and, to be honest, people wanting to find faults.

4. Reptile is at another factory.

5. Our Ninjas havent arrived yet. Probably end of the month.

6. Late summer for Reptile
Hi Jerry, thanks for answering

Would you be releasing a video or something to show us how you dressed up the prototype?
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #6529
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jerry is there anyway to expedite the shipping of the statues once you get them, maybe better QC at factory then once you get it, you just check a few then ship them ASAP.

Also can you give a update on the next mk 1/4 classic and 1/4 MXK

thanks,
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #6530
MrYac
Hercules

do you have next Halloweens statue all set and ready to go, or are you still deciding who it will be? and either way when might we get a hint at who it is?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote