Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #41
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
I’m aware they cater to the wealthy but my point is that was their mistake. 60% of America live paycheck to paycheck so theres that. I don’t know how much of the remaining 40% is “middle class” but when you figure how many actual “wealthy enough” people there are buying statues, it’s my educated guess, not that many. Now you have this pandemic where some of those people are not able to make those kind of purchases right now or any longer. They are handing out trillions of dollars to small businesses. Nothing for the “big companies”.
Instead of worrying about whether or not statue companies can survive, re-consider whether or not you should be overextending your finances to buy toys.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:52 AM   #42
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I don’t think they need to be quite the size of the Catwoman base either (though that base was pretty spectacular looking). I do have to say though I do like how the bases are individually tailored to the character that is standing on them.
The TH Catwoman Lion's Head base is Fantastic! That & the Gorgeous portrait are the best parts of the statue. I agree, I like the individuality tailored TH bases, it fits with a Super Powers line, since the figures were all quite unique!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #43
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Instead of worrying about whether or not statue companies can survive, re-consider whether or not you should be overextending your finances to buy toys.
Ugh...Not the point. I was speaking about all statue companies and how they might fair in this. At no time was I worried or concerned about how I spend my money. In my work I am seeing how this is affecting
SBA and large companies that are not receiving aid. You don’t need to concern yourself with my financial situation or how I manage it. Not sure why the word “toys” was used. Over extending ones finances to buy statues is what most collector is doing right now. Which circles back around to my original point. Companies that sell high end statues and collectibles are in danger because of this.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #44
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Ugh...Not the point. I was speaking about all statue companies and how they might fair in this. At no time was I worried or concerned about how I spend my money. In my work I am seeing how this is affecting
SBA and large companies that are not receiving aid. You don’t need to concern yourself with my financial situation or how I manage it. Not sure why the word “toys” was used. Over extending ones finances to buy statues is what most collector is doing right now. Which circles back around to my original point. Companies that sell high end statues and collectibles are in danger because of this.
How do you know this? Are you privy to their financial records?

At best, you have an invalid point. At worst, you have no point at all.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #45
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
How do you know this? Are you privy to their financial records?

At best, you have an invalid point. At worst, you have no point at all.
Privy....funny. Financial Institutions are scurrying to try to put together their own versions of a “help” loan or LOC. Just so their current clients can try to stay afloat. There is a lot that you don’t know. My only point was companies selling primarily high end collectibles with a high enough net worth will not be receiving any federal funds. Only small business are getting help right now. If your only revenue source is expensive, non essential items and the government is handing out stimulus checks because people have stopped buying things. I realize you’re having trouble understanding this so if you can’t comment back with an intelligent response than just leave it alone.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #46
moviemonster
Justice League

To answer your question. I am “privy” to many financial records. I’m the one that makes sure those financial records are correctly handled;
Old 04-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #47
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
They are handing out trillions of dollars to small businesses. Nothing for the “big companies”.
So are you saying XM, Prime 1 and Iron Studios qualify as big companies?....and if so, how do you think this economic situation will affect their prices?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #48
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I realize you’re having trouble understanding this so if you can’t comment back with an intelligent response than just leave it alone.
Moviemonster sometimes hitting the IGNORE function is the right thing to do

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 04-13-2020 at 02:23 PM.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #49
Makkari1
Cyclops

I miss Bowen's work as well because he made a wide range of Characters that otherwise would never be made and they were somewhat affordable.

However with all things the game has changed and other manufacturers have upped their game to produce almost life like statues that the comic/movie public has come to expect. Just like the movies if the action isn't real the fans will crucify the movie at the box office or in the reviews. I have collected many a statue over the years and they have gotten progressively life like and very pricey. I can't buy them all and I have to pick and chose what I get.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #50
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I really miss Bowen statues. There was a quality to the way Bowen sculpted that I felt really captured the characters in their comic book format. I wish he would come back to the market as I think there is a place for his 1/6 scale pieces. After all to the best of my knowledge he really is the guy who started it all along with Clayburn Moore and a few others beyond just action figures. The companies that produce all these pop culture statues today really do owe a debt of gratitude to Bowen and others. My 2 cents!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote