Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #41
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I wonder if mine came out different? Because mine was almost Smurf blue.

I actually ended up buying a classic Iceman yesterday (overnight shipped from California to the eastern US for $4.00 from Amazon... gotta love Prime). The clear had some defects anyway (dirt or dust in the resin) and is going back, but I thought people would like comparison picks.

Here's my "Clear" version compared to the classic (the black object to the right is the 350 lumen Streamlight flashlight I was using to see if I could make the "clear" statue look clear):
I debated on whether it was worth bumping a few year old thread, but I figured that somebody else might have a question about this in the future, so here goes.

As you can see from my post above, I had pre-ordered the clear Iceman years ago through Bowen's site, and it came in super BLUE... my description was blue toilet water, and that description still holds true (I couldn't even tell the belt was painted on the buckle on the old one). I returned it, but I never really loved the "toothpaste" non-clear version I had as a replacement.

After debating for years, I finally ordered another through the Vault... this one arrived today, and lo and behold: it's totally clear. It looks just like my clear X-Factor, in fact. At this point, I have no doubt that there were different tints to this statue, and the one I got originally was just at the super-blue end of the spectrum.

Here's a shot of my new "clear Iceman" along with the clear X-Factor, so you can compare to the "toilet blue" version above:

Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #42
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

cool man, toilet blue is correct. it bugs me as well. i agree also with toothpaste, haha. looks like dr. mahattan
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote