Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Haha! Fast response. Then u would hunt down and repurchase everyone she took from you. Because after the great divide, every time u look at yr display......bitterness.
Yeah. I guess it comes down to attitude. Do they want to drag it out, getting down to hate, making it nasty or just get it over with.

Ultimately, I'll bet the courts will decide it's a 50/50 thing. She was probably there when the whole business was starting up. She supported his "artistic side" while she put the business together, hired the lawyers, negotiated the contracts, yada yada while Randy did the fun stuff.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #22
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Are you married? I'm assuming u are. How would you like someone taking half your collection? U have a impressive display too. You'd be pissed.
Anything before marriage she would not be entitled to. I would do a prenup if I was married.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #23
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Anything before marriage she would not be entitled to. I would do a prenup if I was married.
Sadly, prenups are not legally sound. They might be nice to have, but is in no way a guarantee of keeping stuff from getting taken/split. (looked into it recently as I have heard too many horror stories of marriages ending and the guy getting screwed, and am getting married in a year)
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #24
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Sadly, prenups are not legally sound. They might be nice to have, but is in no way a guarantee of keeping stuff from getting taken/split. (looked into it recently as I have heard too many horror stories of marriages ending and the guy getting screwed, and am getting married in a year)
It's time to walk away Sharkey
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #25
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It's time to walk away Sharkey
Nah I'm good, and she is great . It was just something I thought of doing as a matter of fact, but I'm not too worried about not having one or not.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #26
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

i hope Bowen gets a DC license and starts doing classic DC
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #27
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
i hope Bowen gets a DC license and starts doing classic DC
I hope not becasue Kotobukiya is doing an amazing job with their 1/6 line of DC characters. And they are $100 each. They are PVC however but really nice. As much as I love Bowen, I think I only want Marvels from him and DC from Koto. Check out the Koto DC statues if you have not done so. They are amazing.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #28
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
I hope not becasue Kotobukiya is doing an amazing job with their 1/6 line of DC characters. And they are $100 each. They are PVC however but really nice. As much as I love Bowen, I think I only want Marvels from him and DC from Koto. Check out the Koto DC statues if you have not done so. They are amazing.
PVC or poly-stone. I do not care which the statues/figures are made from as long as they are solid well done pieces that are not going to fall apart or anything.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #29
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Now this is just my opinion... But I don't think koto has anything on bowen. He is just classic perfection in my mind. The best part about bowen was that he was able to pump outso many different statues in so little time. This was the only way you had a prayer of getting your class D character made. Also, I just do not dig pvc. It's almost like owning a toy. Ok, I get it, these are all toys for us folk in some way or another. Koto is just not able to pump out enough different quality dc statues. Here's to bowen getting back on the horse as soon as possible.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #30
kirthew
Zot

The only thing I dislike about Koto is that it seems that their DC statues are not limited and they are PVC. If they could do a mixture of resin (polystone) and pvc, that would be perfect. They would feel more solid and I don't think that they would lean as much. I have the Zatanna coming soon and I am afraid it is going to start leaning and just look all deformed.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote