Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #411
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I thought Robin was going to come with 2 small bases after we were not getting a base for the 3 Batgirl included. Is this one large base for both Batman and Robin?

If that's the case I'm going to want to cancel as it's not what I ordered, nor is it the 1st alternative that was posted that I was ok with.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #412
jeremydmc
Black Panther

It looks to me like a trim piece that goes on the bottom of both existing bases to make them look like they are joined.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #413
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
It looks to me like a trim piece that goes on the bottom of both existing bases to make them look like they are joined.
That would be fine. Are we getting the regular base and the gargoyle base with the EX or just the gargoyle base?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:18 AM   #414
MapleDonut
Justice League

Nope. Ex is just the gargoyle base. It was both at one point based on FB TH videos but that has long changed.

But I welcome Chad to correct otherwise.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:54 AM   #415
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Robin EX Base:
How the do the two smoke stacks that accompany the Robin Ex version fit into this image? Seems pretty f***ing tight if they do fit.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #416
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
Nope. Ex is just the gargoyle base. It was both at one point based on FB TH videos but that has long changed.

But I welcome Chad to correct otherwise.
Which I guess is still a pretty good EX given how poor I think the original base looks.... as long as this stays an exclusive.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #417
slow17motion
The Spirit

I'm sick of Tweeterhead.

Honestly, this is crap. The two parts of the building look weird together. How many buildings have two corners that face each other? That looks stupid.

First they marketed this as a single base that would fit Robin, Batman, and Batgirl. Not only that, but they're STILL marketing it as such on the website.

Then they changed their minds. They delayed showing anyone the EX base for MONTHS on end. They promised reveals, then canceled videos.

Finally, it became a Robin and Batman base--where there'd be a connective piece in between them to make them look like they're on the same rooftop.

Well, now it looks like that has been scrapped, too. now Robin just has a gargoyle base and potentially some weird looking trim to make them both appear as if they're together. It looks like crap.

Oh, and that's not to mention the fact that even before the Coronavirus it had been delayed for ages.

I paid for this statue in its entirety. I voiced my displeasure on Facebook and talked with Chad on the phone. He was pleasant and he even promised me an EX Batman hand for the blue Batman I bought from Sideshow. Yeah, he never fulfilled that promise.

Oh, and I'm still stuck with my subpar Superman. I'm doubtful I'll ever get a replacement for it at this point.

I'm honestly not sure why I haven't demanded my money back yet. I should. I think the hope that Green Lantern won't be a complete mess is all that keeps me from doing so.

Tweeterhead is a company that I've come to sort of hate. I love their concepts, I think Chad is probably a nice guy--but their business practices are absolutely TERRIBLE.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:27 PM   #418
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This is why I cancelled Robin and Batgirl and got my refund . It’s an after thought that does not work . It should have been planned better and done before sales began. Something to learn from and move forward with . I’m glad I got my money out
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #419
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah, I just sent a cancel request to TH for Robin, Batgirl, Shazam and Green Lantern... I've kind of lost interest in this line... Hopefully, I get a response
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #420
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I thought Robin was going to come with 2 small bases after we were not getting a base for the 3 Batgirl included. Is this one large base for both Batman and Robin?

If that's the case I'm going to want to cancel as it's not what I ordered, nor is it the 1st alternative that was posted that I was ok with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
Honestly, this is crap. The two parts of the building look weird together. How many buildings have two corners that face each other? That looks stupid.

First they marketed this as a single base that would fit Robin, Batman, and Batgirl. Not only that, but they're STILL marketing it as such on the website.

Then they changed their minds. They delayed showing anyone the EX base for MONTHS on end. They promised reveals, then canceled videos.

Finally, it became a Robin and Batman base--where there'd be a connective piece in between them to make them look like they're on the same rooftop.

Well, now it looks like that has been scrapped, too. now Robin just has a gargoyle base and potentially some weird looking trim to make them both appear as if they're together. It looks like crap.

Oh, and that's not to mention the fact that even before the Coronavirus it had been delayed for ages.

I paid for this statue in its entirety. I voiced my displeasure on Facebook and talked with Chad on the phone. He was pleasant and he even promised me an EX Batman hand for the blue Batman I bought from Sideshow. Yeah, he never fulfilled that promise.

Oh, and I'm still stuck with my subpar Superman. I'm doubtful I'll ever get a replacement for it at this point.

I'm honestly not sure why I haven't demanded my money back yet. I should. I think the hope that Green Lantern won't be a complete mess is all that keeps me from doing so.

Tweeterhead is a company that I've come to sort of hate. I love their concepts, I think Chad is probably a nice guy--but their business practices are absolutely TERRIBLE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This is why I cancelled Robin and Batgirl and got my refund . It’s an after thought that does not work . It should have been planned better and done before sales began. Something to learn from and move forward with . I’m glad I got my money out
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah, I just sent a cancel request to TH for Robin, Batgirl, Shazam and Green Lantern... I've kind of lost interest in this line... Hopefully, I get a response
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote