Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-09-2021, 12:21 AM   #31
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Augen, I could see a Power Girl statue getting made by Tweeterhead. I think that she is popular enough (even though she has been in limbo for the past few years) that a statue of her would sell. When the New Gods movie comes out I do wonder if we will see some of those characters being done.
Definitely agree about a Power Girl. I could see a Mister Miracle and Barda combo at some point from some company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
...and possibly losing what made them a unique company in the first place.
You could make the argument that classic TV statues made them unique, but no one has voiced dismay over a lack of those lately.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:26 AM   #32
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Old line probably dead then.
They're still working on the Wonder Twins...I think that bodes well for the immediate future of the SP line at least.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:45 AM   #33
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
They're still working on the Wonder Twins...I think that bodes well for the immediate future of the SP line at least.
Yeah, I don't think it's dead, but I wouldn't expect 10 new statues a year.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:22 AM   #34
khrisc
The X-Men

for me its just about respect to the ones who supported the line..same with what SS has done imagine collecting the first PFs then waiting for Flash then boom new line with Flash which doesnt really fit the old line. They just left those who supported the first line hanging. I have no problem with Tweeterhead releasing these characters again but it would have been better if they finished first the old line like what was promised or said before.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:33 AM   #35
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
for me its just about respect to the ones who supported the line..same with what SS has done imagine collecting the first PFs then waiting for Flash then boom new line with Flash which doesnt really fit the old line. They just left those who supported the first line hanging. I have no problem with Tweeterhead releasing these characters again but it would have been better if they finished first the old line like what was promised or said before.
I hear you and maybe they'll make versions for both lines. I don't know...might be something Chad should address just to get it out of the way. For what it's worth, nearmint stated in his youtube video (thanks for the info nearmint) that the full original lineup is in the works for this new line. So, that will include Flash and Aquaman. ...and they're comic based.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:52 AM   #36
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
For what it's worth, nearmint stated in his youtube video (thanks for the info nearmint) that the full original lineup is in the works for this new line. So, that will include Flash and Aquaman. ...and they're comic based.
That's the problem. I don't feel like supporting a new line again with blank promises of completing the whole JL again. Chad already said that before that we will get Aquaman Flash to complete the JL but lo and behold there is a new line which will be more detailed and all so I believe it won't really match the old ones.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:35 AM   #37
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Nearmint, thank you for posting the video. It was a little more informative.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what is going to be released and what the statues style wise will look like. If the Tweeterhead 2.0 statues will look cohesive next to the Tweeterhead 1.0 statues (for lack of a better term) then that is great. I am just thinking that the early Bowen statues look great next to the Bowen statues that were produced in the last few years of the company which is what I am hoping for the Tweeterhead 2.0 statues.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:43 AM   #38
saberhagen

Sounds like from nearmint's video, this is a legit revamp and company expansion. As someone that has no particular allegiance to the narrow Perez Pre-Crisis era, sounds awesome to me. I like the Super Powers pieces I have and would like to see what else they can do in terms of styles. Some clarity from Chad on the future of the Super Powers line would help manage expectations, though.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:46 AM   #39
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I guess we will just have to wait and see what is going to be released and what the statues style wise will look like. If the Tweeterhead 2.0 statues will look cohesive next to the Tweeterhead 1.0 statues (for lack of a better term) then that is great. I am just thinking that the early Bowen statues look great next to the Bowen statues that were produced in the last few years of the company which is why I am hoping for the Tweeterhead 2.0 statues.
That's what I'm hopeful of as well. At the very least, my fingers are crossed that they match up scale-wise.

I've very much enjoyed the SP line but this new direction is also intriguing. Like others, I also hope they give us some idea of what their intentions are for both styles/lines.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:17 AM   #40
FJC
Midnighter

If they don't give us a classic Perez Deathstroke, I'm done with Tweeter. This is the EXACT same shyte that happened with sideshow. I spent thousands on a classic Batman, Superman, WW, GL, Aquaman, Black Canary, Joker, Harley, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Darkseid PFs. Then, out of nowhere, sideshow decides to sideshowify costumes. And who was the first character they absolutely F'd up? Only my second favorite DC villain...Deathstroke. I can't ever forgive that Deathstroker PF sideshow released. If Tweeter pulls the same thing, I'm completely out.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote