Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

Youtube TwoAxe Buildup

I'm not sure if I've posted this already but here is one of our demos on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6J71NK2Vog

This barbarian we're tentatively calling Two Axe. he's made from Almaloy Wire, aluminum to us in Texas, and I'm using Floral Wire to bind him and hitting that all with Super Glue.
A little Aluminum Foil bulks up the piece so the Super Sculpey and Fimo mixture we use does not get too thick and cause stress on the piece, which could lead to cracking down the road.
We build the armature and nail down the pose as we go, then lay on strips of sculpey over and over each other. One muscle might have 10- 20 'layers' after we're through, as the muscles build up.
I hope this helps some of the newbies getting started. Bind your armatures tight, and just enjoy the process, sometimes it can seem like one mistake after another but thats really just learning. peace

j
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This is the one I am waiting for you guys to kit, along with your komodo Barbarian.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

thanks man, and this dude has a snake around his feet now. hopefully we'll finish it soon-

j
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote