Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Arrow Boston Con Report

Just got back from the Boston show....arrived at 9 a.m. and about 75 people aheead of me...when i left at about 1 pm....roughly 500 in line.....Wow. Jim Lee's line was huge. Lines for Mignola were long....Starlin's line was moving....I managed to be 1st in line for Bill Sienkiewicz (more to come on that)....

Show was a little disorganized at the beginning....did not open until after 10 and no real line was formed but got in around 10:20 or so...

Heard a few rumblings about bad lighting and bad table placement from a few dealers....also "Good crowd, kinds slow" from a few dealers...Saw Harley, Bob, Teddy, Andy, etc...

I looked at a few books (a nice FF #45 but passed), ASM #129, XMEN #1, but prices were a little steep.

Bechera was set up but I don't bother....Spoke with Anythony Snyder and looked at a few pages but nothing great for me....

Crowd was pretty big after 12 pm but you could still get around fairly easily. Did not see too many deals take place...Lots of books being purchased for sigs (not cgc ss).

I had a good time...

Snagged a few statues at a good price...and then went back to Bill Sienkiewicz's table and watched him draw me a killer Elektra piece using several mediums on 11x17 bristol. Nice guy.

ok a few pics...

Line for Jim Lee (early)

gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

more pics...

Old 04-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

and finally my commission from Bill Sienkiewicz....

Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Sounds like a great day was had by all in attendance!

Congrats on the Elektra! Very Cool!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I almost didn't go to this show but glad I did. Got there at 9:20 am and there were already about 100 people in line. Picked up a Bowen Thanos statue for $170 and War Machine MB for $40. Long line for Jim Lee as well. Left about 12pm and there was a LONG line of folks on to the street still waiting to get in!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I almost didn't go to this show but glad I did. Got there at 9:20 am and there were already about 100 people in line. Picked up a Bowen Thanos statue for $170 and War Machine MB for $40. Long line for Jim Lee as well. Left about 12pm and there was a LONG line of folks on to the street still waiting to get in!
Hey Tedmic...I was the guy who had the Thanos but decided not to take it.....I did snag the CM 70s statue and the DD armored bust.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
and finally my commission from Bill Sienkiewicz....

Is this a AP.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Hey Tedmic...I was the guy who had the Thanos but decided not to take it.....I did snag the CM 70s statue and the DD armored bust.
Hey gman, nice to meet ya. Good to match the faces with the posters here! I couldn't resist the Thanos for $170 even if it did have a couple of minor paint smudges on the back. I'm sure you saw the other Bowen 1970's Captain Marvel statue another dealer had for $100 he said had a "chip" on his leg. It was more like a gouge and I had to pass.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
gman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hey gman, nice to meet ya. Good to match the faces with the posters here! I couldn't resist the Thanos for $170 even if it did have a couple of minor paint smudges on the back. I'm sure you saw the other Bowen 1970's Captain Marvel statue another dealer had for $100 he said had a "chip" on his leg. It was more like a gouge and I had to pass.
yeah it was like Thanos took a bite out of him.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Quote:
Thanks for $170!

What did you do? Throw the money on the table, grab the statue and run!

Great deal! What a steal!

Congrats!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote